Update: Using a foam dispenser top is much better! I refilled all my old empty bottles with foam dispenser tops and then this one from Amazon.
Wash your hands!
I recently posted a recipe of sorts for a DIY hand sanitizer that I had heard about on news radio based on what a pharmacist in NYC was suggesting. Since then, we have probably all heard that it’s best just to wash our hands. A lot. But what do you do when you run out of hand soap? As I did with making the Thieves wipes, I turned to my Toxic-Free Cleaning Hacks card from Nesting Well. I have several of these cards, so if you would like one, message me and I’m happy to send them out while I still have them on hand. One of the hacks is to make your own hand soap.
Use a glass jar with a dispenser lid
DIY Hand Soap
A simple DIY hand soap recipe from the Toxic-Free Cleaning Hack card from the Nesting Well Community
- Prep Time: 3 minutes
- Total Time: 3 minutes
- Glass jar with pump dispenser
- 1/4 cup Castile soap, unscented
- 20 drops essential oils (Tea Tree & Lavender or Stress Away & Grapefruit)
- A splash of Vitamin E oil (optional)
- A tablespoon of Sweet Almond oil (optional)
- Distilled water
- Mix all ingredients and pour into a jar, filling the rest with distilled water
- Secure dispenser lid
- Shake a little each time before use
The consistency will be more watery than typical hand soap, but it does lather niceley. I wash with warm water and count to 20.
The Ingredients for making your own hand soap
If you are interested in learning more about how we use essential oils, please click over and read this post or this one. And if you would like to join my community, please sign up here! I can’t wait to meet you! Some of the things I send each new member that buys a premium starter kit (the best way to get started) is a set of Nesting Well Recipe Cards, some additional cards with helpful information, an amber bottle set and a wood cardholder as shown in the photo above.
Shop for the ingredients
- Step-by-Step Guide to Art Mode on Samsung Frame TV
- Upcycle Tin Cans
- Easy Garlic Butter Candle
- Easy Skillet Strawberry Shortcakes
- How to host a dinner party in a small apartment
- how to make an ice lantern
- How to build a coffee table bench in 10 easy steps
- How to ditch toxins hiding in your laundry
- Tips on visiting the New York City Flower Market
- Small Batch Pumpkin Madeleines
- Seasonal updates + Favorite Door Hardware: Emtek
- I updated an Ikea armoire with Chalk Paint® decorative paint by Annie Sloan