There’s a secret to smooth hummus. . .
When we are not all out looking for the last of the toilet paper on empty shelves, here’s a little something you can do with your extra time. I mean –we are all home and so why not make the smoothest hummus recipe with things you might actually have in your (hopefully) well-stocked pantry.
Simple ingredients for hummus
This recipe is not unlike most recipes for traditional hummus except there’s this one little step that makes alllll the difference. Peeling the little skins off each chickpea will set you back an extra 14 minutes, but dare I say, It’s worth it?
Peeling the skins will take time. . .
Pantry meals + the smoothest hummus recipe
There’s a secret to making smooth hummus…and it will set you back about 14 minutes.
- one 15 ounce can chickpeas, drained
- 1/2 cup sesame tahini
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice or 4–6 drops lemon vitality essential oil
- 1 lare garlic clove, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup water
- Remove the skins from the chickpeas – This may seem ridiculous and I started to question myself when I actually timed how long it took to remove the little skins from an entire can of chickpeas. My technique is pretty straight forward, just take each chickpea and hold it between your thumb and first two fingers and make a slight side movement and it slips right off.
- Put the chickpeas into a food processor and blend for a minute. They sort of become powdery.
- Add in the garlic, lemon juice, salt, sesame tahini and blend.
- With the motor running, add in water a little at a time until the consistency is very smooth.
Put into a bowl and add a drizzle of olive oil and a little smoked paprika. Serve with pita chips. I make my own using pita bread cut into triangles, brushed with olive oil and a sprinkle of sea salt. Bake at 375º until lightly browned.
Keywords: hummus, pantry, appetizers
Toast just until lightly browned
Store any remainder in the refrigerator using goldilocks wraps
- Step-by-Step Guide to Art Mode on Samsung Frame TV
- Easy Garlic Butter Candle
- How to create a beautiful pantry in a small space
- The best hostess gift for an overnight/weekend stay
- How to make the ultimate burrata cheese board
- The best all-natural moth repellent to protect your clothes
- A Late Summer Pasta dish with Cherry Tomatoes you’ll love!
- I made the famous 4-ingredient Biscoff Icebox Cake from Pinterest
- Tips on visiting the New York City Flower Market
- Small changes at home + Garnet Hill Bedding
- We painted our stone fireplace black!
- Serena & Lily Spring Sale