I haven’t done a Friday Favorites post in a long time. It’s certainly not because I don’t have any favorites…I have plenty! With all the latest news I turned to my essential oils to make my own Thieves wipes. Why? because store-bought wipes are harsh on my skin and the smell is just awful. So I made my own and have been wiping down everything, including my handbag and the contents inside. Is that crazy? Maybe you had better not answer that.
or this jar is from Ikea using a wood lidPrint
DIY Thieves Wipes
Wipes made from 1/2 roll paper towels, Thieves Concentrate, water & essential oils.
- Prep Time: 3 minutes
- Total Time: 3 minutes
- A glass container
- 2–3 capfuls of Thieves household cleaner concentrate
- 10 drops lemon or citrus fresh essential oil
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 roll paper towels
- Cut a roll of Select-a-Size paper towels in half with a sharp knife. (save the other half for the next batch).
- Remove the cardboard tube
- Mix together the water, Thieves concentrate and essential oils
- Pour half the mixture into the bottom of the glass container and add in the paper towels
- Pour the remainder around the sides of the container
- Put on a secure lid and turn upside down for the towels to become drenched.
- Turn and pull a towel from the middle.
I used a jar from Ikea and this one from Crate & Barrel. Both have secure lids, but lids that come off easily and quickly since you’ll be reaching for them a lot!
Glass Jars available at Ikea (shown above) or Bed Bath & Beyond and Crate & Barrel
These cookies by Sheri Silver are gorgeous!
Sheri made these cookies and the dough almost has the look of terrazzo. And who isn’t obsessed with terrazzo these days!? Click over to sherisilver.com to see these sandwich cookie masterpieces in all forms!
Almost every Saturday, Cindy, Mary Ann and I feature our favorites from our hashtag #TheCollectedLook. One person that has the look down pat, is Amanda of @smallacornsamanda. She has a beautiful lifestyle interior store, called Small Acorns and right next door, a café she named Squirrel. She also takes groups of women to India. She lovingly refers to them as her Marigold Adventures. Did I mention Amanda lives in Wellington, New Zealand? I would pop over and visit…if she wasn’t so far away, but for now, her Instagram will have to fill my life with color! Make sure you join the fun and tag your photos with #TheCollectedLook and who knows…maybe we will feature you on one of our accounts!
A DIY terrazzo Table
That’s it for my Friday favorites…stay well and safe and let’s hope this madness somehow comes to an end and we can get back to normal soon. My kids are both coming home this weekend, so there will be lots of cooking!