You probably know by now how much I love making Madeleines. I make a version for every season, but my favorite is always lemon. When I received my copy of the beautiful new cookbook, The Cook’s Atelier, it just fell open to the page of Madeleines. So Madeleines are the first thing I made from this absolutely beautiful new cookbook.
The Atelier is a French cooking school, culinary boutique, and wine shop in the town of Beaune in the Burgundy region of France.
The shop is the creation of mother and daughter, Marjorie Taylor and Kendall Smith Franchini, who have always loved France. It was 20 years in the making while they still lived in Phoenix, Arizona.
Marjorie began her career in French food in her twenties, apprenticing at several French inspired restaurants in Arizona before opening her own small restaurant and cooking school, Ruby Beets in a historic part of Phoenix.
The mother-daughter team began their journey with the idea of creating a convivial gathering place to share their love of food and wine. They started with a small apartment space before moving to their three story building with plenty of light and old world charm. Even in their tiny first apartment shop, Marjorie was set on having a Lacanche range.
This book is the perfect Mother’s Day gift if your mom loves to cook, eat, drink wine, shop for fresh ingredients, or has a love for France or French things. The book is filled with beautiful photos, seasonal recipes, and lovely table settings and gatherings.
- Step-by-Step Guide to Art Mode on Samsung Frame TV
- Easy Garlic Butter Candle
- How to create a beautiful pantry in a small space
- S’mores icebox cake: Your new favorite Summer dessert
- How to make giant paper snowflakes and More
- Sunday Favorites + A Table Lamp in the kitchen
- 7 console tables that could double as a desk
- Thieves: Everyone’s favorite household cleaner
- Project Design: Choosing Paint Colors
- Simple Tips for Better Curb Appeal
- Kerri Rosenthal Art Interiors & Lifestyle + Friday Favorites
- Modern Farmhouse Meets Cottage Style + Outdoor Living