The best tahini chocolate chip no-bake protein bites might be my new favorite. I’ve been making protein bites for a few years and I have no idea why it took me so long to use Tahini. The consistency is smooth and the taste is delicious. Plus, for those with a nut allergy, tahini is a safe choice.
What are protein bites?
Bites, balls, energy, protein, call them whatever you want, but they are the perfect little bite or snack! They are easy to pack for an on-the-go snack. Not messy and a delicious little treat that will leave you feeling satiated.
What’s in a protein bite?
Start with a base like rolled oats or oat flour, then choose a nut butter or Tahini like we are using today. Then choose your sweetener and protein powder. Finally, add your “topping” like nuts, chocolate chips or tasted coconut. In our Vanilla Cinnamon Bites we rolled them in a little extra vanilla protein powder and cinnamon and we call them churro bites!
- Oat flour or rolled oats
- Nut butter or sesame tahini
- Honey or maple syrup
- Vanilla or chocolate protein powder
- Mini chocolate chips, coconut, nuts
- Cocoa powder or cinnamon
- Pumpkin puree
What kind of Protein Powder?
Be Well by Kelly Protein Powder from Kelly LeVeque is a little pricey, but it’s very good. I’ve been using collagen protein powder ever since I started making Kelly’s Fab Four Smoothies that I first heard about on a podcast and then I started following Kelly on Instagram.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Tahini Chocolate Chip Protein BitesPrint
The best Tahini No-Bake Protein Bites
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup Tahini
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 scoops of vanilla protein powder
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Start by blending the rolled oats until almost powdery.
- Add the Tahini, maple syrup, protein powder, and blend until combined. If it seems a little dry, add a teaspoon of water and blend again. Add more water slowly until you have the consistency that molds into a ball without crumbling.
- Mix in the mini chocolate chops by hand and roll into balls. Store in the refrigerator.
Tahini works really well because of the runny consistency. It blends well and very little extra water is needed. The consistency is very smooth. They are good with or without chocolate chips.