A colorful healthy main dish featuring salmon with dill is the recipe we came up with to share today for healthy meals. I am joining a fun group of bloggers to share healthy recipes. I love this group and I always love a chance to seek out a new healthy recipe for a blog post.
Start with Colorful Ingredients
Now that Spring is here and we are looking toward summer, I knew whatever we would make had to be colorful. This dish is vibrant in taste and color! We found the recipe on NY Times Cooking, but my husband made a few changes and said next time he’ll make it with basil rather than dill.
Grapefruit, Orange, radish & a vibrant dill sauce
What I love about this recipe, aside from the fact that it’s delicious is that it can be made ahead. We made the full recipe and then ate the leftover a day later for lunch. We stored everything separately and served it cold (we brought it to room temperature for about 30 minutes) over warm rice. It tasted just as delicious as the night we made it. This would be a great summer lunch or dinner for a group and serving it cold really takes the pressure off when entertaining! You can serve warm rice that can be made in a rice cooker, so that’s easy too!
A meal that can be made ahead makes it perfect for summer entertaining
Healthy dishes from 9 Other BloggersPrint
salmon with citrus and a dill pesto
A colorful meal with salmon, citrus, avocado, and a dill pesto sauce that’s just as good the next day!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 7 minutes
- Total Time: 27 minutes
- Yield: 3-4 1x
- Category: main dish
- 1 (1 1/2-pound) salmon fillet, skin removed
- salt and pepper
- 6 tablespoons finely chopped dill
- 1 (2-inch) piece ginger, scrubbed and finely grated
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for serving
- 1 grapefruit
- 2 oranges
- 3 small radishes, sliced very thin
- 1 avocado
- Flaky sea salt
For the salmon –
- Heat a dry oven-proof saute pan over high heat for 4 exactly minutes. Meanwhile, rub both sides of the salmon fillets with olive oil and season the tops generously with salt and pepper. When the pan is very hot, place the salmon fillets seasoning-sides down in the pan and cook over medium heat without moving them for 2 minutes, until very browned. Turn the fillets and place the pan in the oven for 5 to 7 minutes.
For The Dill Sauce –
- In a medium bowl, stir together the dill, grated ginger, and olive oil until combined. Season with salt and pepper.
Prepare the Fruit –
- Cut off the top and bottom of the grapefruit and oranges and set them down on one of the flat sides. Follow the curve of the fruit to cut away the peel and the pith. Then cut the fruit in half from top to bottom, then into 1/4-inch-thick wedges. Transfer the fruit and any juice on the cutting board to the bowl. Add the sliced radishes, season generously with salt, and toss gently to combine.
- Break the salmon into large pieces, and arrange on the platter with the citrus salad. Add the avocado slices to the platter. Spoon the juices from the bowl over top, and season with flaky sea salt and pepper.
Serve with white rice or Soba noodles.
Keywords: healthy, healthy main dish, salmon, seared salmon
Kale Ranch Salad // Finding Lovely
My Favorite Blueberry Spinach Smoothie // Modern Glam
Cinnamon Apple Granola Recipe // Zevy Joy
Easy Cod Fish Tacos with Homemade Taco Sauce // Happy Happy Nester
Easy Healthy Snack – Protein Balls with Peanut Butter // My 100 Year Old Home
How to Make Overnight Oats // The DIY Mommy
Turkey Picnic Sandwiches // Lemon Grove Lane
A Colorful Healthy Main Dish Featuring Salmon with Dill // Most Lovely Things
Healthy Homemade Meatballs // My Sweet Savannah
Egg Roll In A Bowl // Twelve On Main
- Easy Garlic Butter Candle
- You need to make this one-ingredient chocolate mousse today!
- My most searched for recipes of 2022!
- make 5-ingredient miso pasta for a quick meal
- S’mores icebox cake: Your new favorite Summer dessert
- Try this easy make-ahead chocolate budino recipe!
- Make Baked apples for an easy fall dessert
- How to make all-natural moth repellent sachets
- Small Batch Pumpkin Madeleines
- Have you made the amazing Alison Roman’s Caramelized Shallot Pasta?
- A spring brunch table and menu
- 12 reasons why we love essential oils