A jar of Pumpkin Butter makes the perfect hostess gift with a bag of honey-crisp-apples
It’s the perfect dip for apples or to top oatmeal, pancakes or waffles for a Thanksgiving breakfast
This might be the simplest and most delicious fall treat ever. I found the recipe on my friend Sheri Silver’s blog. She has so many wonderful ideas and you can always trust her recipes. She has a series called Favor-“ettes” that I love too! Check those out here!Print
This recipe for pumpkin butter is great for a snack with apples or to top oatmeal, pancakes or waffles.
- one can pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1/4 maple syrup
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- one teaspoon ground cinnamon (or 2 drops Cinnamon Bark Vitality Essential Oil)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger (or 1 drop ginger vitality essential oil)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg (or 1 drop nutmeg vitality essential oil)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground clove (or 1 drop clove vitality essential oil)
- pinch of salt
- one teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Place all ingredients except the lemon juice in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 30 minutes until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat, stir in lemon juice and let cool completely.
- Store covered, in the fridge, for up to one month or longer in the freezer.
I used an immersion blender once cooled to get it really smooth, but this step is not necessary. We just like things smooth!
Consider using vitality oils instead of traditional spices
You can read more about why we love oils in this post.
My new favorite snack!
SHOP THE POST
You may also like this post: Pumpkin Granola
Or this one: Cinnamon Swirl Flower Pot Bread
Leave a Reply