This pumpkin granola was inspired by Pinch of Yum and it’s sort of amazing and it’s easy to make. So easy in fact, that I don’t know why anyone would buy granola over making homemade. People are always impressed when you make your own granola. Clearly, they have never made it.Print
Easy Pumpkin Granola
Seems like once we hit the middle of September, all we can think about is pumpkin spice everything from now until Christmas. This pumpkin granola is so easy to make and you can use you cinnamon bark, clove and ginger vitality oils to make it even better. This salty & sweet granola is good with ice cream for a fall dessert, yogurt for breakfast or just cold milk.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- 3 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups sliced almonds
- 1 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon salt (I like the Maldon Sea Salt Flakes)
- 4 – 6 drops Cinnamon Bark Essential oil
- 1 drop Clove Essential Oil
- 3 Drops Ginger Essential Oil
- Preheat oven to 350º
- Combine the dry ingredients (oats, almonds, coconut)
- Combine the wet ingredients (pumpkin puree, olive oil, maple syrup and essential oils) and whisk together.
- Add dry ingredients and mix to combine. Pour out onto sheet pans with side and make sure it is spread out evenly. (Use non-stick pans or coat with a little olive oil)
- Sprinkle with salt and bake for 20 to 30 minutes. Check after 20 minutes and rotate pan if one end is getting browner than the other. Bake for an additional 5 to 10 minutes, watching very closely.
- Let cool and it will crisp up, then store in a glass jar in the freezer. (I think it stays fresher and crisper by freezing it, but you don’t have to and trust me…it won’t last long).
I used vitality essential oils, but you could use 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon clove and 1/4 teaspoon ginger.
Keywords: pumpkin, granola
Let’s talk essential oils for a minute . . . here’s why:
Ditch and Switch Candles
One of the reasons I started using essential oils was to get rid of candles. I know I know…that sentence sounds crazy coming from me! The person that lit several candles every night…is now talking about ditching candles? Yes, it’s true because lighting even one candle could be releasing harmful chemicals into your home. Read more about it in this article. Scented candles are especially toxic and with candle diffuser blends, you won’t even miss them!
Mary Ann was the one that finally made me realize it’s okay to use flameless candles. She has used them for years and they look beautiful in her hurricanes and in her book cases where you could never use real candles. A Flameless candle in an amber hurricane gives that warm hygge glow like a real candle, but without all the carcinogenics.
ditch and switch Cleaning
When I started using essential oils, the second thing I did was make the switch to non-toxic cleaning supplies. I had tried this before, but never felt the “safer” products cleaned as well and so my attempt at going natural would eventually fade and I would go back to using the toxic products.
Thieves house hold cleaner has changed everything for us! We have replaced about a dozen items and now only use Thieves. Some of the items we replaced include: Windex and Sprayway, Bona Wood Floor Cleaner, stainless steel cleaner, Goo Gone, Soft Scrub, Lysol All-Purpose spray, Lysol Toilet Bowl Cleaner, and Murphy’s Oil Soap.
Most of these items mentioned above receive an 8 on the Think Dirty app. Murphy’s Oil Soap is a 3, but why buy another product when I can use an alternative method like Thieves that’s safe and effective and completely toxic free? It’s frightening to think about how toxic these things are and what long term effects these items will have on our health. My husband and I recently watched Stink on Netflix. Have you seen it? So much to think about.
How I use Thieves Household Cleaner
Thieves All-Purpose Household Cleaner – One capful Thieves Household Cleaner, 3 drops lemon essential oil in a 16 ounce glass bottle filled with distilled water.
Thieves Bathroom Cleaner – One capful Thieves Household Cleaner, 5 drops Purification Essential Oil in a 16 ounce glass bottle filled with distilled water.
Thieves Glass Cleaner – One Capful Thieves Household Cleaner, one tablespoon white vinegar, 3-5 drops Citrus Fresh Essential Oil in 16 ounce glass bottle filled with distilled water.
Thieves Heavy Duty Cleaner – Six capfuls of Thieves Household Cleaner in a 16 glass ounce bottle with distilled water.
If you’ve thought about making the switch to a toxic free home, I can help you. You don’t have to do it all at once. It took us several months and we still have room for improvement. But once you know…you know.
BONUS – This month, if you buy a premium starter kit and say yes to essential Rewards*, I’ll send you all of these items to help you on your journey. I’ll even add in a bottle of Christmas Spirit Essential Oil. It will replace that wonderful Christmas candle you were about to buy!
- A set of Amber Spray Bottles
- A sample packet of Thieves Household Cleaner (add it to one of the 16 oz. spray bottles that I’m sending you and it will last for months to clean everything in your house).
- A waterproof label designed by Brooke for the Nesting Well team.
- A set of 5 Nesting Well recipe cards that will teach you how to use your oils (and an invitation to 3 facebook groups that also have tons of information)
- A bottle of Christmas Spirit Essential Oil for all your cozy holiday diffusing.
*A little bit about Essential Rewards:
FAQ on Essential Rewards-
- No monthly commitment– you can literally just order your starter kit and that is it! Then say you decide you want more lavender a couple months later you can just pop in and buy lavender at wholesale! (Only do the essential rewards if you want to earn points and free product monthly- I talk more about that below)
- No renewal fee; (simply purchase a minimum of $50pv of product per year and your account stays active)
- No order minimum – order whenever you like, as often as you like at 24% off retail prices
- Although Young Living calls their wholesale customers “Distributors” this does NOT mean that you are signing up to sell oils and there is absolutely no pressure to do so – ever.
- Member number to share with friends; if they order using your member number, you’ll receive compensation- if you join essential rewards and spend $100pv a month. (Again, enrolling as a “Distributor” does NOT mean that you have to share oils with anyone; although, once you discover how wonderful they are, it will be hard not to tell your friends!)
- You can order HERE and I will be your support! You then join our exclusive FB group for support! And we send you out a package of cards to get you started on diffusing, roller bottles and how to use the oils daily! It is important who you buy your starter kit from- they become your point of contact and educator (me)!
FAQ on ORDERING your Starter Kit and signing up for Essential Rewards- (this is optional)
- When placing your order on STEP 1– select the tiny box “use my starter kit as my first essential rewards order” ** If you want to add to your order you can to get the promos for that month ($100 of your starter kit will count towards this months promo).
- Then make sure to go in and customize your essential rewards order BEFORE the next month comes (you will get an email notification).
- I recommend this over doing “quick orders” each month. Essential Rewards ends up costing around $50 for 50pv. Bundle all the items you want and place it on your essential rewards order and get the promo’s!!
- You get 10-20% back in points each month, you can purchase products that you would be buying anyways (shampoo, vitamins, toothpaste) while hitting that 50 PV (Product value – typically one point per one dollar). Cancel anytime!!
- You can order HERE and if you get the essential rewards with your starter kit then you get a free oil just for hitting 100 pv (about $100 dollar)
- A. For the United States, the gifts are as follows:
3-month gift: Peppermint Vitality essential oil, 5 ml
6-month gift: Thieves Vitality™ essential oil blend, 5 ml
9-month gift: Melaleuca Alternifolia essential oil, 15 ml
12-month gift: Loyalty, an exclusive blend formulated by Young Living Founder D. Gary Young specifically for Essential Rewards members who order for 12 months!