This recipe for pumpkin butter is great for a snack with apples or to top oatmeal, pancakes or waffles.
- one can pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1/4 maple syrup
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- one teaspoon ground cinnamon (or 2 drops Cinnamon Bark Vitality Essential Oil)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger (or 1 drop ginger vitality essential oil)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg (or 1 drop nutmeg vitality essential oil)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground clove (or 1 drop clove vitality essential oil)
- pinch of salt
- one teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Place all ingredients except the lemon juice in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 30 minutes until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat, stir in lemon juice and let cool completely.
- Store covered, in the fridge, for up to one month or longer in the freezer.
I used an immersion blender once cooled to get it really smooth, but this step is not necessary. We just like things smooth!