Summer Entertaining with linen and herbs. Today my Sunday favorites are all about summer entertaining with Garnet Hill Linen! I love summer entertaining for the relaxed casual look and feel. GH Linen and pots or jars of herbs sets the stage for an easy summer gathering for four or 14. It starts with a recipe for herb crackers and a rosemary spray for your guests to take home! Make sure to see what Cindy and Mary Ann found this week! (Links at the bottom of the post)!
Summer Entertaining with Garnet Hill Linen
I love working with Garnet Hill every season, but spring/summer is my favorite because it is always about linen. I love Garnet Hill linen for everything from tablecloths, napkins, and runners to sheets and Easy Linen Tunics.
Relaxed-Linen Stripe Tablecloth in Oatmeal Shadow Stripe
I have used Garnet Hill table linens for years. You may remember them from this post. What I love about them is that they are easy to care for. I wash, dry, and put them on the table. Sometimes I press the napkins a little, but in the summer, wrinkled linen is okay with me!
Set the table with Sintra Stoneware
We love the Sintra stoneware also from Garnet Hill. Each organically shaped stoneware piece of dinnerware is thrown, painted, and finished by hand in Portugal.
Rosemary Room Spray for a parting gift
I know we are all looking forward to hosting dinner parties and it looks like this summer we will be able to that! I already have a few planned and will be using my GH table linens and will have jars or pots of herbs on the casual table. Then as little party favors for my guests, I’ll have a basket of small Rosemary Sprays for each guest to take with them. We love room sprays and they make a nice little parting gift. We made lavender and citrus last year and recently I made a Fresh & Clean Spray to use in my closet. This is one of the many ways I love using essential oils. You can read more in this post.
Let’s Start with Parmesan Rosemary Savory Shortbread
We will kick off the casual evening with Herb Crackers. These look so pretty and work beautifully with our herb-themed gathering. For a really casual summer gathering, I love pesto. It’s easy and can be made from fresh pesto in your summer herb garden or from a plant at Trader Joe’s!Print
Parmesan Rosemary Savory Shortbread
These are quite lovely for an herb-themed gathering and can be served stacked in cupcake papers on a tray! Making it easy for guests to hold them while sipping a beverage.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes + 30 Minutes to refrigerate
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 16 minute
- Yield: 18 1x
- 1 1/4 all-purpose flour (make sure it is fresh)
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced rosemary leaves
- 2–4 drops rosemary essential oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup good quality butter at room temperature
- A few extra sprigs of fresh rosemary for decoration
- In the bowl of a food processor fitted with the blade attachment, put the flour, parmesan, salt, pepper, and minced rosemary in the bowl and pulse just until combined. Add the softened butter and pulse until combined. If it seems very dry (it depends on the butter), add about 1/2 teaspoon of water at a time through the tube as you pulse to combine.
- Turn the dough onto a piece of plastic wrap and shape it into a disc and then wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Roll out the dough between two sheets of waxed paper to prevent sticking and roll about 1/4″ thickness. Place the rosemary leaves around the dough leaving space to use a 2″ round cutter to cut the circles. Before cutting, place the waxed paper on top and roll gently to press the leaves into the dough. Then place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and repeat until all the dough is used up.
- Bake in a 350º oven for about 12 minutes. Do not over-bake!
This recipe was adapted from The View From Great Island.
Keywords: savory, shortbread, homemade crackers
Relaxed-Linen Bedding with Ruffle Trim
All of our bedding is Garnet Hill and we switched out our flannel sheets for the beautiful white linen bedding with ruffle trim.
Make sure to check in and see what Mary Ann & Cindy loved this week!
Classic Casual Home & Cindy Hattersley Design
Here are two posts I loved from Cindy & Mary Ann!
Cindy’s post on Stylish Solutions for Small Baths is fantastic! All of the ideas are drop-dead gorgeous and could be used in small and larger baths!
Mary Ann had a great post this week: Fall Back in Love with your Living Room with a few updates like some new pillows from Krinto.
- Old-Fashioned Orange Rolls
- 10 Ways to Use Vintage in Your Home
- How and Why I Take Collagen
- Make the most of a backyard shed
- a healthy oatmeal blueberry muffin that you are going to love
- How to make the best cheeseburger
- A simple delicious harvest cake to make this weekend
- Small Wardrobe + a small closet
- Dalgona Coffee as a Topping for Ice Cream
- An update on our painted stone fireplace
- Bluestone Lane Upper East Side
- Got 5 minutes? Make this easy homemade pizza dough
Leave a Reply