Happy 4th! A quick post to share my new favorite brownies from Pinch of Yum that I made for our neighborhood barbecue. I’m also sharing a few of my favorites that are on sale at Serena & Lily! (through July 8th)
Making brownies this morning was a last minute decision and luckily I had everything on hand. The espresso powder and dark chocolate cocoa powder made them so rich and delicious! The recipe has only 6 ingredients! While they were baking I cut out letters to create a grid of 12 squares spelling out M A R V I N B E A C H which is the name of our little community. When I put them down on the dessert table, a little boy that had to be no older than 7 or 8, said “That is so creative.” Sweet!
6 ingredient espresso brownies
I made these 6- ingredient espresso brownies today from Pinch of Yum. They are so easy to make and so delicious!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup espresso powder
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (I used dark chocolate cocoa powder)
- Preheat oven to 350º
- Cream the butter and sugar.
- Add the espresso powder and mix until combined.
- Add the cocoa powder and flour and mix until combined.
- Add a pinch of salt
- Add a cup of dark chocolate chips
- Mix and transfer to a 9 x 13 pan that has been lined with parchment paper. I also buttered and floured mine to make sure they would come out easily.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Do not over bake! I use a cake tester to test to make sure they are done!
These are a few things that I love and have in my house or my former home. I think it was the Serena & Lily lighting and accessories that sold our last house…that wasn’t even on the market! You can read that post here.
We have the Fairmont chandelier in white at our new (old) house, but still the same tucker chairs and sheepskins!
We loved this big Santa Barbara pendant in our New Canaan dining room with Tucker Chairs.
Everyone’s favorite chair! The hanging chair!
We love Serena & Lily bedding and the Camille Mosaic Diamond pillowsOur New Canaan kitchen with Sunwashed Riviera chairs and a whole bunch of Serena & Lily pillows on the banquette covered in Perennials fabric.We use dip-dyed stools all over the house and outside as well!
We love the Montecito pillows and the Portsmouth pillows that are on sale for $30!
My twin sister used the Riviera Counter stools in Navy in her beautiful new kitchen in Scottsdale, Arizona.
shop the post