Make the best refreshing summer mojito mocktail this weekend with or without alcohol. Since we gave up drinking about 10 years ago, I have become acutely aware of drink options that suit everyone! If no alcohol is not your thing, you could certainly add it, but it’s just as good without!
I love a summery drink, and this one is just that! It’s fresh, a little bubbly from the ginger beer has a slight bite from the ginger, and is so refreshing on a hot summer day!
Why is this mojito mocktail the best?
It feels a little like a special occasion drink. Maybe to me, just the word “cocktail” or “mocktail” feels like a celebration. Think of the “cocktail hour” or the “cocktail dress,”…all with a connotation to some sort of social and festive gathering.
This mocktail has quite a bit of sugar, so that’s why we only drink it once in a while when we are feeling festive. It’s fun, refreshing, and ice cold, making it the best refreshing summer drink with or without alcohol.
The Ingredients you’ll need for this summer mojito mocktail.
- Ginger beer
- pineapple juice
- fresh limes
- fresh mint
- minced ginger from a jar or fresh
- cinnamon sticks
- crushed ice
The Tools You will need to make the best refreshing summer mojito mocktail this weekend
- A small saucepan, preferably one with a pour spout
- tall clear glasses like these or maybe these
- cocktail shaker or a mason jar
- a muddler
- a mesh stainer
Is it best to use fresh or canned for this refreshing mojito mocktail?
This is totally up to you. If you want to use fresh pineapple juice, why not? You could use fresh ginger too, but I have been buying minced ginger, and it’s so much easier without sacrificing taste. I started using it when making these gingerbread muffins and haven’t looked back!
I did use the fresh mint from my little garden and fresh lime for the juice and garnish.
Can I make this mocktail into a cocktail?
Yes, I am no expert on hard liquor, but it seems you could add rum, like this recipe in Food & Wine or this one which also has pineapple juice. You would use a splash of club soda rather than the ginger beer we are using in the mocktail to finish it off! Garnish with lime slices and fresh mint, and you will never miss the rum!Print
Weekend Mojito Mocktail
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Total Time: 70 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: drinks
For the Cinnamon Simple Syrup:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 4 whole cinnamon sticks
To Prepare the Drink:
- 1 ginger beer
- 1 can of pineapple juice
- 1 heaping teaspoon of minced ginger from a jar (or fresh)
- 10–20 fresh mint leaves, plus more for garnish
- 2–3 limes (reserve one half to cut slices for garnish)
- crushed ice
- To make the simple syrup: add the sugar to a small saucepan and add the water and cinnamon sticks.
- Bring to a boil, turn heat low, and simmer for 30 minutes. Remove from the heat, leave the cinnamon sticks and allow the mixture to cool. Remove the cinnamon and pour it into a jar.
Prepare the drink:
- In a jar or cocktail shaker, add the mint leaves, juice of 2 limes, and ginger. Muddle it, and then add the pineapple juice and the cinnamon simple syrup.
- Shake, add crushed ice to the jar, and shake again for 30 seconds.
- Pour into two tall or four short glasses through a strainer. Add more crushed ice to each glass. Top off with ginger beer.
- Garnish with lime slices and fresh mint.
Keywords: cocktails, virgin drink, mocktails
Will kids like this mocktail drink?
I don’t see why not! It’s delicious. Leave off the mint and maybe add a cocktail umbrella or a fun straw. My kids loved a fun drink from the hotel bar! We used to have a Shirley Temple bar when entertaining families. It was always the happiest (and stickiest) corner of the house!
Make sure to check out these blogs to see what fun drinks they made for summer!
- Easy Garlic Butter Candle
- You need to make this one-ingredient chocolate mousse today!
- My most searched for recipes of 2022!
- Let’s bring back the Boboli Pizza with this one!
- You need to make this copycat recipe for Humble Crumble!
- The best Tahini chocolate chip No-Bake Protein Bites
- How to make all-natural moth repellent sachets
- A colorful healthy main dish featuring salmon with dill
- Have you made the two-ingredient Pizza Dough?
- Have you made the amazing Alison Roman’s Caramelized Shallot Pasta?
- Easy Summer Barbecue menu + DIY citronella candle
- An easy make ahead appetizer for thanksgiving