Using scallops in design is on trend. I have to say I love it. For months, I’ve considered sharing this on Sunday Favorites with Mary Ann and Cindy. Then this week, I saw a custom banquette using a scallop in the design, and it stopped me in my tracks.
Custom Banquette with Scallop Trim and Custom Table
This custom banquette with scallop wood trim back and table was designed by Shannon Tate-Giordano.
A few things with scallops that I love!
- I love a scallop, and there are some really fun things on the market right now, like these wave shelves from west elm. Cute in a kid’s room or anywhere.
- This scallop rattan pendant from Serena & Lily looks 1970s. I would love this over my Saarinen table.
- This cute Larkspur Petite Table Lamp with a raffia shade is perfect for so many spaces. I could find a spot in almost every room in my house.
- A cute little set of pinch bowls from Terrain. It would make dinner prep so much fun!
- A rattan tray from Serena & Lily for a coffee table, dining table, and bookshelves on a night table or in a bathroom.
- A pretty wood serving board with a scalloped edge is perfect for some cheese and crackers.
- I adore Bergs scallop pots from Terrain. They come in three colors. I have several, and I use them indoors and out.
- Love these baskets too! Storage or for a Monstera plant, maybe?
Here are a few more favorites this week:
2. Black Rit Dye
We updated an old post using black Rit Dye on some old damask napkins and French tea towels. The results are quite fabulous! Especially if you like dark and earthy gray linens. Dyeing fabric is so easy; why do I avoid it? Read this post if you’ve been thinking about doing it!
3. Emily Henderson’s dark & dreamy pantry featured in Remodelista
Emily carved out a space for a pantry, and it’s gorgeous. You can see it right here.