Today I am so thrilled to partner with Collagen for Her. I will explain how and why it’s become a daily routine. I chose Collagen for Her for a couple of reasons. I was first made aware of the brand by my friend Cindy Hattersley. If you know Cindy, you know that she does her research, which made it pretty simple for me to choose! You can read her post here.
Why do I take Collagen?
Let’s talk about why I take collagen in the first place.
I have never been one to take vitamins or supplements, and I take no daily medication. I do not like swallowing pills. But the reasons for using a collagen supplement were compelling. And it’s not a pill! Yay!
I love that it’s a powder and available in a jar, so I can use it in smoothies (more on that later in the post), but it’s also available in to-go packets! Because I never miss a day taking this supplement!
Here’s Why Everyone Might Want to Consider Taking it
- Starting in our mid 20’s, our bodies start making about 1% less collagen per year. That doesn’t sound alarming until your my age!
- Collagen helps promote healthier hair, skin, nails, joints, digestion, and gut health.
- As someone who has been diagnosed with severe arthritis in my left knee, it was recommended by my doctor to take a collagen supplement.
- It was a bonus when I realized that my hair, skin, and nails were all much healthier after taking Collagen for Her for several months.
Bonus: Shiny Hair and Healthy Nails!
While taking the supplement primarily for joint health, I could not help but notice the improvement in my hair and nails. My hair went from dull to shiny again, like when I was young. There were so many years that I thought my hair was damaged from too much sun or just the signs of aging that I came to accept. After taking two servings of collagen daily for several months, it was impossible not to notice the improvements.
My hair and nails grow so fast and are so much stronger! I have also noticed over time that my skin is less dry.
What is collagen?
It is often called “the glue” that holds the body together. It accounts for 30% of your body’s total protein. Collagen’s main role is to provide structure, strength, and support to your skin, muscles, bones, tendons, and other connective tissues.
This article from Cleveland Clinic explains it well and has a list of signs and symptoms.
How to Take it Daily
The great thing about this brand is that it’s flavorless and dissolves easily in hot or cold beverages. I put a scoop in my smoothie daily and a scoop in my coffee.
If I’m traveling, I don’t make smoothies, so I take the single-serving packs and add to my coffee or other beverage. The single-serve sticks make it easy to take exactly what you need for a trip. No measuring!
How to Buy Collagen for Her
Collagen For Her is having their annual New Year bundle sale, and they just added a few new bundles for February. I got The Essentials Bundle which includes both the bottle and on-the-go stick packets of the collagen peptides, but there are plenty more to choose from. All the bundles are up to 40% off. You can see all the bundles here.
If you prefer to shop on Amazon, most of their products are also available there too, but the bundles are only available directly on the website! Here is the link to their Amazon Storefront.
Here’s the recipe for my favorite smoothie with a scoop of collagenPrint
A delicious smoothie or make it a bowl, but I always add a scoop of collagen Peptides!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 serving 1x
- Category: breakfast
- One small frozen banana
- 10–12 frozen cherries
- Teaspoon almond butter
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup plain or vanilla yogurt
- One scoop Collagen for Her Peptide Powder
- Ice (if needed)
Keywords: Smoothie, collagen, smoothie bowl, healthy food, healthy breakfast
I hope you enjoy this smoothie recipe! If you are considering collagen supplements, I would consult your doctor first. I did, and I am so glad I’ve incorporated collagen into my daily routine. It has made a big difference!
Shop Collagen For Her’s New Year Bundles Sale
Shop Collagen For Her on Amazon
- Old-Fashioned Orange Rolls
- 10 Ways to Use Vintage in Your Home
- How to make easy painted candles
- a healthy oatmeal blueberry muffin that you are going to love
- How to make the best cheeseburger
- Looking for the best way to display the incredibly popular wall vase?
- Make a Muffaletta Sandwich for your next picnic
- Small Wardrobe + a small closet
- Dalgona Coffee as a Topping for Ice Cream
- Davelle + Lower East Side, NYC
- An update on our painted stone fireplace
- Got 5 minutes? Make this easy homemade pizza dough
Leave a Reply