You must try pumpkin pie overnight oats if you love a fast and delicious breakfast or lunch. I’ve been making overnight oats for a few years, and occasionally, I stop making them and forget how much I love them.
It’s Sunday and time for Sunday Favorites with Mary Ann and Cindy! This fall version of overnight oats is top of my list.
Now that it’s October, I thought, why not make a pumpkin pie version? I had leftover pumpkin puree from making pumpkin granola, and the extra was just the amount for four pumpkin pie overnight oats.
What the heck are overnight oats?
I used to see overnight oats and think, what is the big deal? It’s like a bunch of stuff in a jar, stirred together and not cooked. Exactly! That’s sort of the beauty of overnight oats. They are quick to make and easy to eat. They are satisfying and yummy, and you won’t be looking for your next meal or snack 20 minutes later!
They are super adaptable. You start with rolled oats and some sort of milk and then add something to sweeten it, flavor it, and some protein like almond butter. You can add seeds if you want, yogurt, or in this case, pumpkin puree. This is my “everyday” recipe for overnight oats.
Can I make them ahead?
Yes! Absolutely! I make 4-6 jars every time I make them. They store for several days in the refrigerator. I haven’t tried freezing them, but I suppose you could.
What do I use as containers?
I make them as individual servings. The Le Parfait Jam Jars with Lids are great, or you could repurpose glass yogurt jars or mustard jars. You can use glasses, too; just be sure to cover them. The ones I’m using are the Duralex Gigogne Tumblers which are made in France.
What Ingredients Do I Need to Make Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats?
- Rolled Oats – Or whatever oats you have on hand.
- Milk – I prefer to use almond milk, but use whatever milk you like.
- Maple syrup is the perfect sweetener for pumpkin pie overnight oats. You can add as much or as little as you like.
- Pumpkin puree
- Pumpkin pie spices – Or use a tiny amount of clove, ginger, nutmeg, plus extra cinnamon.
- Vanilla – I always add a little pure vanilla extract to bring out the flavors. I put mine into a dropper bottle. One dropper is about a teaspoon.
- Almond butter – I use creamy almond butter, but use your favorite nut butter.
- Chia seeds – I use this type of Chia seed which adds fiber and extra nutrients. They expand like they do in a smoothie, which adds a nice texture to the overnight oats. Make sure to look for ground chia seeds.
- Vanilla yogurt – You can add it to the oats mixture or just use it as a topping or both!
Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats
Easy to make and a quick breakfast or lunch at home or on the go!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Total Time: 4 hours 5 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: breakfast, lunch
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 3/4 – 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- pinch of salt
- vanilla yogurt for topping
- Mix everything, adding more milk or oats as needed. Spoon into small jars or glasses. Cover and refrigerate overnight (or at least four hours).
- Top with vanilla yogurt and a little fresh grated nutmeg!
Keywords: healthy breakfast, quick breakfast on-the-go breakfast, breakfast, overnight oats
2. My Shop is Open Again!
We took a little break while traveling in France, and then it took some time to get everything photographed and listed in the shop. We are excited to share what we found. You can take a look by visiting Shop Most Lovely Things and make sure to follow us on Instagram @shopmostlovelythings for updates on new items landing in the shop every week!
3. Watch the Video on Visiting the Flea Market in Paris
Brent made a little video about visiting the largest flea market in Paris.
3. Did You Hear Serena & Lily is Having a 20% Off Sale?
A few of my Serena & Lily favorites include the Leather Cooper Stools under a console table with a Brass Ring Lamp and the Shore Bench with cushion. And we love the Tucker Dining Chairs and the South Seas Side Cart. Below – The Tucker chairs at our former New Canaan home with the Santa Barbara Pendant.
4. The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever!
5. GET THIS FREE! A Fall Photo for Your Samsung Frame TV
Everyone loves dahlias! I took this photo at the Union Square Green Market last weekend and quickly used it on our Samsung Frame TV in Art Mode. If you would like this for your Frame TV, leave me a comment with the size of yoour Frame TV and I’ll make the correct dimensions and send it back to you! (Make sure to leave your email, so I have a way to send it).