Do you want to know what one spring shoe you need right now? A GH Bass Spectator loafer is the one spring shoe you need right now! I’m joining my friends, Jennifer, Cindy, and Mary Ann today to talk spring shoes. This is their “Over 50 Monthly Style Edit” and I hope they don’t regret inviting me! But as I write this, it’s quite cold. It may look like spring, but it feels a lot like winter. In fact, it’s 30 degrees and windy. And that means it feels like 17 degrees.
So what’s a girl to wear when the cherry blossoms are blooming, but your weather app says snow flurries are possible? Sandals? No. An open-toe shoe? Out of the question. Loafers are always a good option. This traditional G.H. Bass loafer is the perfect antidote to a spring shoe when the calendar says spring, but the temperature says winter!
Here are four ways I like to wear the classic GH Bass Original Whitney in Black/White
1. White shirt, washed black jeans and a black blazer
Nothing about this “outfit” says spring, except the shoe! This is a timeless look that could be worn with any loafer or a sneaker. But my usual loafers are not particularly springy and if I want to have that look of…I know what month it is, I just always wear black, add in a black and white spectator loafer and you’re good! This off-white loafer from J.McLaughlin would do the trick too! Reach out to my dear friend Suzanne at the Darien J.Mclaughlin shop to order. @suzanne.in-darien
2. Jeans and a striped shirt
This is probably the most spring-like outfit I will ever wear. I adore this striped shirt from KULE. It’s the boyfriend fit which means I can layer a shirt or tissue turtleneck under if I want or maybe need to for warmth. I wore it twice in London with sneakers, a parka, and Burberry wool/linen scarf. When I wear it with the GH Bass Whitney loafer in black and white, it feels like spring!
3. Black blazer, white T-Shirt, and a silk scarf
This is a classic stand-by look. Dress up jeans and a black blazer with a silk scarf and fun cuff. Extra points for the spectator loafers!
4. How to wear all black in the spring
I am very comfortable wearing all black all the time. But I will say, my new G.H. Bass black and white loafers make this head to toe in all black look slightly more spring!
Do you want to know what one spring shoe you need right now? What I love about Bass loafers. They are a well-made, all-leather shoe and they are only $125!
Now let’s go see what Jennifer, Cindy & Mary Ann have to say about spring shoes!
A Well Styled Life®
Cindy Hattersley Design
Classic Casual Home
- Easy to Wear Casual Holiday Clothes from Garnet Hill
- Why the Chore Coat is the Perfect Fall Accessory
- It’s September, and Everyone is Back to Wearing All Black
- The best all-natural moth repellent to protect your clothes
- A Fashion Trend for fall that you might love!
- How to make all-natural moth repellent sachets
- The Mac Coat from Everlane is my favorite Trench Coat
- Cindy Hattersley + Rough Luxe Lifestyle Blog at Christmas
- The one piece of clothing you need this winter: A Bouclé Coat
Leave a Reply