It’s that time of the year….the highly anticipated Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. I remember the days when we would have bags of school clothes, shoes, backpacks, and then the stuff I wanted. I’m not still in that same buying mode. Some of it is that my kids are now 24 and 20, but mostly it’s the shift in mindset. I still love to save money on things I need every year. A few quality clothing pieces like this top, new bras, a new pair of Ugg slippers, a pair of pajamas for Madeline when she visits (it seems she’s always looking for a pair) and perhaps a new water bottle (The Read Receipts girls were talking all about Hydro-Flask bottles vs. S’well and apparently Hydro Flask is the new bottle everyone wants. Water stays colder longer, ice fits in the opening more easily and water tastes better. Those are good reasons. Can’t argue with a single one.
- Vince Top // Pajamas // 2. Hydroflask Water Bottle // 3. Natori Bra // 4. Ugg Slippers // 5. Supernova Diffuser // 6. Macaron Diffuser // 7. Zodiac Teardrop Diffuser
I won’t be buying any candles like in past years. When you know…you know. Our vent filters were black from all the candles we used to burn. Scented candles are especially bad. I never thought I would give up on candles, but knowing that they cause bad indoor air quality is enough to make me think twice. Diffusers on the other hand have been life changing. Diffusing lifts your mood, keeps your focus, helps you sleep, and clears the air. We diffuse every day and evening. When I’m working I’ll diffuse peppermint and something citrus. In the evening we might try cedarwood, patchouli & Vetiver. To go to sleep, lavender and frankincense.
Brooke of Nesting Well just posted this today on instagram:
When someone asks: Do essential oils really work?
- In 3 seconds the molecules reach the heart, liver, thyroid, and brain when inhaled.
- In 26 seconds the molecules are found in the blood stream when applied topically.
- In 20 minutes they will effect every cell in your body.
I will be buying a few diffusers as gifts. I have this one and love it. It has a ceramic top and is a nice size for a bathroom, bedroom, office or kitchen. The small diffusers are great for travel or in a small bedroom.
We also used to buy skincare products at the Nordstrom sale, but I’ve simplified my skin care routine dramatically since starting oils. I use the Charcoal Bar Soap, Orange Blossom Facial Wash and Mint Facial Scrub all from Young Living. The only moisturizer I use is the Glow Serum that I make using essential oils. If you are thinking about learning more about essential oils, the best way is to begin with a starter kit. You can read more about it on this post or you can order here.
GLOW SERUM MOISTURIZER
A blend of essential oils, aloe vera gel and jojoba oil.
- 2 ounce amber glass bottle
- 1 tablespoon all vera gel
- 10 drops Frankincense
- 5 drops Copaiba
- 5 drops Geranium
- 3 Drops Rose
- Add all drops of oil into the bottle.
- Add aloe vera gel
- Top off with jojoba oil
- Easy to Wear Casual Holiday Clothes from Garnet Hill
- It’s September, and Everyone is Back to Wearing All Black
- The ultimate packing list for France in September
- A shop tour of Elsie Green that you will love!
- A Fashion Trend for fall that you might love!
- Diffusing Essential oils and making your bottle of Glow Serum
- All-Natural Spring Cleaning
- Make Lavender Room Spray
- DIY Citrus Room Sprays
- Thieves: Everyone’s favorite household cleaner
- 12 reasons why we love essential oils
- Cindy Hattersley + Rough Luxe Lifestyle Blog at Christmas
Leave a Reply