I hope you are enjoying these Sunday Favorite posts with Cindy and Mary Ann! We love sharing what we find during the week and things that maybe we’ve been wanting to share but haven’t had the “right” post or place to share. So this week I’m sharing some long time favorites, some that I speak of often, like Serena & Lily and Lizzy Love Art and then a few new favorites too…along with a recipe for frozen hot chocolate just like you used to have at Serendipity in NYC.
1. Serendipity in NYC
The ingredients to make frozen hot chocolate just like at serendipity!
Frozen Hot Chocolate just like Serendipity in NYC
Frozen Hot Chocolate
Every summer we would take out of town friends and relatives to Serendipity to enjoy a frozen hot chocolate. And after trying several recipes, I think I’ve found a recipe that tastes just like it. It might be the chocolate milk…or maybe it’s the hot chocolate mix, but it brings back memories of the icy treat on a hot summer day in New York City.
- 2 Tablespoons chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons store-bought hot chocolate mix
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate milk
- 3 cups ice
- Whipped cream
- Chocolate shavings
- Place the chocolate chips in the top of a double boiler over simmering water, stirring until melted. Add the hot chocolate mix and sugar, stirring until thoroughly blended. Remove from heat and slowly add 1/2 cup of the milk and stir until smooth. Cool to room temperature.
- In a blender place the remaining cup of milk, the room temperature chocolate mixture, and the ice. Blend on high speed until smooth and the consistency of a frozen daiquiri. Pour into a goblet and top with whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
2. Serena & Lily Kids
Serena & Lily started as children’s bedding, but then everyone wanted more and it became a lifestyle brand just opening their 13th store in Bethesda, Maryland. Recently as I was perusing their website I noticed they introduced a few new child-size pieces that look just like the regular size versions. One of my favorite chairs from Serena & Lily is the Venice Rattan Chair….imagine it in a pint-size version! It’s just too cute! Same with the Riviera chair, play table, and the California table that can be used indoors or out! If you’ve seen my house, you know I’m a huge fan of Serena & Lily and this is just one more reason to love it!
- Kids’ Riviera Chair // 2. Kids’ Riviera Play Table // 3. La Jolla Baskets // 4. Kids’ Venice Chair// 5. Sunwashed Riviera Chair // 5. Kids’ California Dining Table
3. Lizzy Love
Lizzy says she gets asked pretty frequently if people can come to her studio to see her work in person. If you are in the Nashville area, you can schedule a visit to see some current works or to talk about commissioning an original. Lizzy posts many of her paintings on her Instagram and has a series of florals coming soon to @wellandwonder – See more of her work here and be sure to follow Lizzy on Instagram!
4. A DIY Cement Bowl
I saw this on Instagram by my friend Lauren @homecreushdecor. She has a highlight that shows how easy it is to make these cement bowls using inexpensive plastic bowls as molds.
5. This article from Remodelista: