Our porch is probably the best feature of our little house, so I make sure it’s ready for every season. Spring weather is coming very slowly to the East Coast this year, so I need to keep my existing potted trees from the holidays. But, to make the planters look like anything but Christmas, I added a few white pansies and some tulips. Eventually the trees will be sent to the shady side of the house until next November and will be replaced with something more summery. I’m never sure what that is until I make about four trips to every nursery in the area.
The one thing I’m most pleased about is our new hardware from Emtek. I have always loved Emtek. We used Emtek for our entire house from entry doors, interior doors, and cabinet hardware all through the house when we renovated our California house. I’m not sure what took us so long to replace the awful door knob in this house–it may have something to do with the fear of trying to make changes to a door that’s 118 years old. The one that was on the door was your typical round knob, but because of where it was placed, you almost always jammed your fingers when opening the door. The solution was the egg shaped door knob! We also added the rectangular key in rosette in flat black.
Get the look:
Emtek Egg Key in Knob in Flat Black with Rectangular Rosette || Stripe Doormat || House Numbers || Ribbed Galvanized Metal Planters || Mailbox
A small entryway needs a big rug!
Hooks in an entry is a must!
I put all of our winter coats away…too soon, I think! Read more about adding hooks here.
A porch ready for spring…
This post is sponsored by Emtek Hardware. Emtek provided product in exchange for a review. I can honestly say that I love and use Emtek in our homes.
- 6 simple ways to refresh your home for spring
- Why We Love Our New Solo Stove
- Make This Easy Tuscan Winter Soup
- The best hostess gift for an overnight/weekend stay
- The best thing about fall…a warm chewy molasses cookie!
- Sunday Favorites + A Table Lamp in the kitchen
- New Garnet Hill Bedding and few other favorites
- Have you made the amazing Alison Roman’s Caramelized Shallot Pasta?
- We sold our house!
- Why we chose Maiden Home for our new sofa
- Galvanized Outdoor Planters + Friday Favorites
- Black Garage + Barn Light Electric
Leave a Reply