Make this easy gingerbread body scrub to give or keep for yourself. You know what, just make an extra! It’s the simplest gift to make, but it’s so good you are going to want to keep one for yourself.
Ever since I started using essential oils, I have been making my own body scrubs to use all year long. I like to change it up seasonally. At the holidays this gingerbread body scrub is just is too perfect not to share!
I made a label or a tag that you can print out on card stock or sticker paper. A label just makes it that much more gift-like! I also had these small kraft paper bags from making snowflakes, and they are perfect for wrapping up the jars with an extra sticker.
What do I need to make my own gingerbread body scrub?
- Turbinado sugar – You can look for different brands and buy according to the coarseness. For sensitive skin, look for one where the crystals are finer. I like a course texture and tend to look for this one.
- Brown Sugar
- Fractionated Coconut Oil (You could substitute for coconut oil that you use in the kitchen).
- Essential Oils – Use whatever oils you like. For Gingerbread Body Scrub, I used a combination of Cinnamon Bark, Nutmeg, Clove, vanilla, and Ginger. I added in Frankinsense and geranium because they nourish the skin. It smells so good and these oils add sort of an earthy scent combined with the gingerbread oils!
What’s the best way to make your gingerbread body scrub?
You can absolutely do this by hand with a wooden spoon and a mixing bowl and just scoop it into your jars, but I like to use a food processor. Especially when I’m making a few body scrubs. I want to make sure everything is incorporated.
How much essential oil will I need to use?
Essential oils are powerful which is why they come in tiny bottles. I only use Young Living Oils. Yes, I do sell them. I use Young Living because they are the best and they are 100% therapeutic grade essential oils. You can read more about why we love essential oils in this post.
What other kinds of Body Scrubs can I make?
So many, but here is a very simple one that I make all the time to have in the shower. The lemon is fresh and the peppermint is invigorating. You can read more in this post.Print
make this easy gingerbread body scrub to give or keep!
Body Scrubs are so easy to make using a few things from the pantry and some essential oils. You’ll want to make a few, to give and keep for yourself!
- 3 1/4 cups turbinado sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- fractionated coconut oil
- 60 drops essential oils (clove, ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon bark, vanilla, frankincense geranium, Thieves)
- Combine the sugars and essential oils and stir to combine. If making several, I prefer to use a food processor just to make sure all oils are mixed well.
- Add in the fractionated coconut oil very slowly. You are looking for a consistency that is not too wet, but not at all dry.
- Spoon into clean glass jars with a lid.
Click here to print out the labels.
Shop the post