Have you seen Cindy’s fabulous new dining room? Every Sunday my friends Cindy and Mary Ann and I share our five favorite finds of the week. Guess what, this week I just have to go on and on about Cindy’s new dining room. As many of you know, Cindy and her husband recently moved and I am absolutely loving their new home. One of my favorite things about moving is using a little of what we love from our previous home(s) and then adding something new. And that’s exactly what Cindy did here. She used her beautiful monogrammed dining chairs with a new round table. She’s still deciding if she wants to play around with the color of the top and or the base, but I think it’s perfect the way it is right now. Cindy has fabulous ideas, so I am sure whatever she decides, it will be gorgeous.
My sister Lynn told me about Roostmade after reading last weeks Sunday favorites post on how to care for your wood cutting board. If you love buying from a small business, definitely check out Roostmade! Read more on their about page here. Their Cutting Board Wood Care Set is currently on sale and would make a great gift!
Coffee Granita with Cinnamon
Have you ever made granita? It’s the easiest thing ever and kind of fun to make. Perfect for a very light dessert on a hot summer night.Print
I was looking for a way to use leftover brewed coffee and Cinnamon Bark because isn’t almost everything better with a hint of cinnamon…and I came across a recipe for granita. A simple Italian dessert. I can’t believe I’ve never tried it before. All you need is coffee, sugar, or a natural sweetener like monk sugar or coconut sugar and a few drops of Cinnamon Bark Vitality Essential Oil.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 1.5 hours
- Total Time: 1 hour 35 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- 2 cups strong brewed hot coffee
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2–4 drops cinnamon bark
- Whipped cream
- Mix coffee sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon bark and pour into a metal 9 x 13 pan.
- Place in the freezer for an hour until the mixture becomes slushy around the edges of the pan.
- Using a fork, rake the mixture, breaking up the crystals, and then place the pan back into the freezer.
- Take the pan out of the freezer every 30 minutes and rake until the entire mixture is frozen and granular.
- Keep frozen for a few hours until ready to serve.
- Serve in glass bowls or cups with a dollop of sweetened whipped cream. I use the mason jar method of adding heavy cream to a jar, fill about halfway and then add a tablespoon of powdered sugar and shake (and shake) until it becomes thick. It helps if you have “helpers” in the kitchen to take turns!
Are you using the Think Dirty app?
I never buy a product anymore without first seeing how it rates on the THINK DIRTY app. Once I became aware of the dangers of added fragrance, I couldn’t help but do a deep clean into the products I was using everyday. And not just cleaning products, but makeup, haircare, sun screen and bug spray. So much to think about, but this app allows you to scan a bar code (or simply enter the product name in the search tool) and then you can learn and spot the ingredients you don’t want in your products. I started in the laundry room, you can read more about how I did it in this post. Even before switching over what I used in the laundry room, I started with Thieves Household Cleaner that I use for everything! If you haven’t tried it and would like to, email me email@example.com for a sample!
Nutella Brownie Bites with homemade sprinkles from Sheri Silver
When I saw Nutella Brownie Bites with homemade sprinkles on Sheri’s instagram….I just knew I had to somehow get Brent to make them for me! ha!! Sheri makes the most beautiful food that tastes as good as it looks. We only live about 30 miles apart, so I often get to sample some of these amazing treats! Sheri will give me a little bag to take home and I think I’m supposed to share them with the family when I get home, but let me tell you…everything she makes is so good that I devour it before I ever makes before I hit the Connecticut border! Check out her Tahini Twix Bars too!