We make this chicken all year long, but it’s so much better in the summer when you can cut fresh herbs from the garden. Herbs are the first thing we plant in the Spring and by Memorial Day we can start cutting without taking the whole plant.
Easy chicken marinade with Dijon, red onion, lemon & lots of fresh herbs
Grilled Chicken with an easy summer marinade
An easy summer barbecue marinade for chicken that uses lots of fresh herbs and two kinds of Dijon mustard.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25-30 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- One heaping tablespoon Dijon mustard
- One heaping tablespoon whole-grain mustard
- One red onion, cut in half and sliced
- One lemon, juiced
- A tablespoon of balsamic glaze
- 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup olive oil
- Fresh herbs like rosemary, basil, flat leaf parsley, oregano. Washed, dried and chopped
- Six pieces of chicken (We prefer boneless), washed and trimmed
- In a small bowl, add the mustards, lemon juice, balsamic and whisk together
- Add the olive oil while whisking to emuslify
- Place chicken on platter and cover with marinade
- Top with sliced red onions and fresh herbs
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours
- Prepare grill – Turn on high for 5 minutes until grate is very hot. Turn to medium and grill chicken for 10-15 minutes per side depending on thickness.
This is our favorite Summer recipe for chicken, but we often make it in the winter using a combination of dried herbs and whatever fresh herbs we have on hand. We almost always have fresh parsley in the refrigerator, even in the winter.
Grilled vegetables for Summer
You may also like this post! Memorial Day weekend would not have been the weekend to try and find parking at Rockaway Beach, but maybe next weekend… We can’t wait to try Rockaway Beach Bakery for a BEC!
- Have you tried smashed potatoes?
- 6 simple ways to refresh your home for spring
- Why We Love Our New Solo Stove
- The Best Colorful Salad for Your Thanksgiving Dinner
- A colorful healthy main dish featuring salmon with dill
- Nine Bloggers Share their outdoor spaces
- Small changes at home + Garnet Hill Bedding
- A little inspiration from Leanne Ford
- Thieves: Everyone’s favorite household cleaner
- Cinnamon Swirl Flower Pot Bread + Autumn Bounty Festival at Terrain
- Easy Summer Barbecue menu + DIY citronella candle
- House Tour + Gardener’s Cottage
Leave a Reply