My friend Diane Karmen and I made a trip to La Pietra Tile & Stone to choose a remnant for my coffee bar in our kitchen. Once we made it as far as Brookfield, Connecticut, we decided to continue our trip to Washington, Connecticut, to see the design shop, George Home. We had been hearing great things and recently it was featured in the November issue of Connecticut Cottages & Gardens.
As soon as we pulled onto the gravel drive I knew we were in for a treat. It has a simple facade with perfect symmetry. Once inside, the shop is filled with neutrals that almost lean toward masculine, which I love. With everything in shades of cream, white, blacks, grays, browns and tans, there is so much texture that the shop is interesting yet soothing at the same time. Since it was early December, they were “decorated” for the holidays and the simple approach was perfect. Nothing over the top, just fresh and clean like the lines of the mid-century furniture that they specialize in for upholstered pieces.
Color is injected in a stunning collection of watercolor cloud paintings. Priced individually, but together as a set of 25 makes a wonderful installation.They have imports from around the globe and collections of pottery, one-of-kind pieces like stools, tables, mirrors, work tables, and art.
George Home was opened last year by Bruce Blickman and Wilson Henley. George Home is a wonderful place to gather inspiration, work with the design studio to create a whole house or room, or just to find a treasure for yourself or a gift. They source the best objects, tabletops, lighting, antiques, and objects that are out of the ordinary from anywhere else.We loved our visit to George Home and I’ll be taking their idea to re-hang my wreath using rope. It’s impossible to not walk away with an idea (or several) after a visit to George Home.
- Step-by-Step Guide to Art Mode on Samsung Frame TV
- Let’s Look Ahead To Design Trends For 2023
- Make This Easy Foraged Arrangement for Fall
- How to decorate with Black & White, but make it cozy
- Small changes at home + Garnet Hill Bedding
- We sold our house!
- kitchen Pantry Organization
- Roman and Williams Guild NY or the prettiest shop/cafe in all of New York
- Why we chose Maiden Home for our new sofa
- DIY Checkerboard Chalkboard Wall Update + Friday Favorites
- Hearth & Hand for Magnolia
- We Love Round Dining Tables