Father’s Day is June 17th and if I’ve done my math correctly, that gives you a little more than a week to shop. These are some ideas that we’ve done or will do this year. I love the black and white bocce ball set and extra points for the cool storage bag.
Father’s Day Gift Guide
- Bocce Ball Set from Crate & Barrel – We love playing bocce ball at the beach or in the backyard. It’s always fun at the start of a dinner party while everyone is mingling and having drinks and a little competition for a family get together is always a good idea! I love this one because in my backyard…the black and white theme is perfect!
- A new travel coffee mug – This one is the Yeti 30 oz. tumbler. Currently his travel mug holds 12 oz. He will be fully caffeinated by the time he reaches the office with this one.
- A new pair of shades – We love our Warby Parker sunglasses. We each have a pair and you can get them with or without a prescription. Even the prescription sunglasses are reasonably priced and you could do a Home Try-On and a gift card. You select five pair for five days, they ship for free!
- A Marine Layer T-shirt – or maybe three because they are 3 for $100 and they are the softest t-shirts in your drawer.
- For a more practical gift, we are considering a grill cleaner and new tools because by Father’s day…your grill already needs a good cleaning.
- A new pair of his favorite, wears every weekend shoe. The Adidas Gazelle
For dinner we plan to do something simple that I can make ahead and no cooking or grilling required, because Brent is usually the one that grills and it’s his day!
Two Recipes for Bruschetta
I’ll for sure be making bruschetta. I’ll buy some cheese, meat, bread, nuts and cornichons .
Easy Summer Tomato Bruschetta
The perfect summer meal. It’s colorful and fresh and can be an appetizer or a meal.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes + 1 hour
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Category: appetizer
- Olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- A handful each of red and yellow cherry or grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- Fresh basil leaves
- Balsamic vinegar
- Add a tablespoon of oil to a pan and add in the mined garlic. Sauté for a minute or two until the garlic becomes golden, but not browned.
- Pour into a bowl and let cool slightly.
- Add in the sliced cherry or grape tomatoes and toss with garlic and oil.
- Add 8-10 whole basil leaves and salt and pepper.
- Add a drizzle of balsamic glaze and toss together adding a little more olive oil if it seems dry.
- Let stand at room temperature for about an hour so the flavors combine.
- Grill bread slices brushed with a little olive oil. I use my Panini Press & Grill when making bruschetta.
- Remove from grill and top with tomato mixture.
- Add a chiffonade of fresh basil and serve.
If you are serving as a main course you can use larger bread and serve along side a salad. For appetizers I use baguette slices.
Arugula, Prosciutto, and Ricotta Bruschetta
A colorful bruschetta that’s easy to put together with just a few simple ingredients.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 minutes
- Total Time: 7 minutes
- Olive Oil
- Prosciutto, sliced very thin
- Arugula, washed a spun dry
- Brush olive oil on the baguette slices and grill slightly.
- Spread a smear of the ricotta cheese on each slice.
- Top with a few arugula leaves and prosciutto on top and serve.
If you can’t serve right away, try placing a damp paper towel over the prosciutto so that it does not dry out. Just while you are assembling the tomato bruschetta and pouring the drinks.
And if you’ll be wrapping his gifts, consider this idea. I do a version using engineer prints every year. You can see it here and here.
- Have you tried smashed potatoes?
- Easter Place Card Nests
- 6 simple ways to refresh your home for spring
- Here’s why you want to try Vietnamese egg coffee right now!
- Why we love & use BEHR DYNASTY™ & BEHR MARQUEE® Paint
- all foraged and natural Christmas decor you’ll love
- How to style your console table
- Small changes at home + Garnet Hill Bedding
- Cinnamon Swirl Flower Pot Bread + Autumn Bounty Festival at Terrain
- Why we chose Maiden Home for our new sofa
- House Tour + Gardener’s Cottage
- Kerri Rosenthal Art Interiors & Lifestyle + Friday Favorites
Leave a Reply