A lovely last-minute gift . . . Sleep Spray
A few days ago I saw a “Sleep Spray” on a gift guide from one of my favorite websites, Remodelista. They called it their “2020 Gift Guide for Keeping Calm and Staying In.” Since we are all doing quite a bit of that, I scrolled through and the second I landed on the Sleep Fragrance Spray by Domi…I knew I could make this myself. That’s one of the many reasons I love having and using essential oils. I read the ingredients and sure enough, I have everything I need on hand. A few essential oils, some witch hazel, distilled water, and some small amber glass spray bottles.
A few supplies to make your own sleep spray
Setting intentions for a good day, a restful night’s sleep are all important mindfulness things that so many of us are tuning into these days. Journaling, diffusing essential oils, and using safe, clean products have been at the top of my list for the last few years. Sleep is so important and so when I saw this sleep fragrance spray, I knew it was the perfect thing for a few last-minute gifts. It took longer to write this post than it did to make 4 bottles to give to friends this week. I’m using the word fragrance, but not in the true sense of the word. The only fragrance in this all-natural spray is from the essential oils. And the wonderful thing is that you could use many different oils for a sleep spray. I used Lavender, Roman Chamomile, and Royal Hawaiian Sandalwood. The last one is considered a luxury oil as it’s over $100 for a 5ml bottle. That’s why it’s easy to see how Domi charges $108 for a 2-ounce bottle of their sleep fragrance. I made each bottle for around $20 each. I clipped a few branches of boxwood from my Trader Joe’s wreath and made tiny sticker labels using Avery return address labels and a fine tip pen. I tied them up with a little twine and that’s it for a lovely little gift. You could pair it with a new set of linen pillow cases or a sweater. I wear a cashmere cardigan to bed every night. It’s a habit I started years ago and now I spray it with my sleep spray just before I go to bed along with our pillow cases and it has been the nicest touch.
DIY Sleep Fragrance Spray
I made these for a few last-minute holiday gifts. Each bottle is about $20 to make because of the oils I chose. You could use just lavender or lavender and cedarwood and it would cost much less.
- 2-ounce amber glass spray bottles
- 15 drops lavender
- 15 drops Roman Chamomile
- 15 Drops Royal Hawaiin Sandalwood
- 1/4 teaspoon witch hazel or vodka
- distilled water
- Add the drops into an amber glass bottle.
- Add the witch hazel or vodka and top off with water
- Shake a little before each use. Spray on your sleepwear and pillow.
Use any dark bottle to protect the aromatic and therapeutic properties of your essential oils and store in a cool place, away from heat.
Have a Merry Christmas and sleep well!
- Easy Birch Twig Spring Wreath
- Mini Easter Basket Treat Cups
- 6 simple ways to refresh your home for spring
- How to build a coffee table bench in 10 easy steps
- Tips on Painting your front door + our new Pink Door
- Why this simple chair is the best for any style table
- Diffusing Essential oils and making your bottle of Glow Serum
- Make this DIY Modern Pegboard for houseplants
- kitchen Pantry Organization
- Why we chose Maiden Home for our new sofa
- Hearth & Hand for Magnolia
- Flower Shops + Copenhagen
Leave a Reply