I’ve updated this post with new photos on a recent visit to Buvette: Since we can’t go to Buvette right now, I’m cooking from the Buvette cookbook. We made two recipes today using what we had in the house. Homemade potato chips and apple and cheese fricos. Frico means cheese crisps. Buvette’s recipe calls for Montasio cheese (or any cow’s milk aged cheese). It’s so simple, but the result is out of this world delicious.
Apple & Cheese Frico from the Buvette Cookbook
Apple & Cheese Frico
A delicious combination of apple and cheese.
- one cup grated cow’s milk cheese (we used an aged fontina)
- one honeycrisp apple, cored and sliced very thin
- olive oil
- Heat olive oil in a non-stick frying pan
- Sprinkle the cheese evenly to cover the bottom of the pan
- Layer the apples on top of the cheese
- Let the cheese completly melt. When the color becomes golden brown and it’s a little crunchy, carefuly fold over in half and slide onto a plate.
- Enjoy while still hot!
Arrange Apples on top of Cheese
We love Buvette in NYC
You know when you’ve heard everyone talking about a place, see beautiful photos on social media and then you go and well, it just doesn’t live up to all the hype? Well, Buvette is not one of those places. I follow them on instagram and they post the most beautiful photos in just the right morning light…even on a rainy day. So last week when Madeline and I finally went, we were thrilled with every detail. The service was wonderful, the food delicious, the cappuccinos were seriously so delicious I had three… Madeline eats very slowly, but still, three?! The decor was my favorite part. It’s a bit rustic (obviously it’s in an old building in the West Village, but there were just enough shiny new items to add a touch of elegance. I loved the red cafe chairs and tables on the patio, red geraniums on the fire escape… pretty much perfection. They use a collection of old silver trays, white bone china, big bottles for water and of course cloth napkins all day long. It really is the perfect place. They are practically open all day and night. So when should we meet at Buvette?
Counter Stools at Marble Bar
Letterpress Cards & Matchbooks
Carrot Cake & Cappuccino
Buvette is located at 42 Grove Street in the West Village, NYC. As they say in their about page, they are open sunlight to candlelight.
- 6 simple ways to refresh your home for spring
- Why We Love Our New Solo Stove
- Make This Easy Tuscan Winter Soup
- How to create the best coffee station at home
- How to make the most of a studio apartment
- A spring brunch table and menu
- 12 reasons why we love essential oils
- Why we chose Maiden Home for our new sofa
- I updated an Ikea armoire with Chalk Paint® decorative paint by Annie Sloan
- Galvanized Outdoor Planters + Friday Favorites
- Painted Stone Fireplace Update
- Painted Stone Fireplace
Leave a Reply