9 things to bring to college – Obviously this is not a complete list of everything your college freshman or student will need for dorm living, but it’s a few things that are essential and a few things that will just make dorm living a bit more comfortable. I mean it’s home away from home and my kids like a cozy space.
- The first thing on the list is a nice laundry bag. I love this Positano Laundry bag from UASHMAMA® It’s made of washable paper that looks and feels like leather. It’s plenty sturdy enough to hold two weeks of laundry–we tested it out! You can see my review right here.
- The Shower Caddy – Unless you are one of the lucky ones that has a bathroom in your dorm room, chances are you’ll need one of these. We liked this one because it’s deeper, so stuff won’t be falling out.
- A box cutter – For all those packages you’ll be sending and the ones they order from Amazon.
- A flashlight – just in case and this one is hand crank solar powered rechargeable.
- Shower flip flops.
- Forget throw pillows and instead use shams. They are more comfortable especially if you use nice inserts like these.
- A quilt makes it easy to throw over the messy bed and doesn’t move around like a duvet cover. We found a discontinued quilt on sale, this one is similar.
- Fouta Towels – They dry twice as fast as a regular towel and these are on sale at Serena & Lily.
- Nice Sheets just like home- did you know Serena & Lily twin size sheets are all in extra-long to fit dorm room beds? And they have a lot of sheets in their sale section which is where I found these!
This might be nice in a dorm room too. And the last, but maybe the most important item in terms of hygge….a nice lamp that has a shade that fills the room with soft, warm light. This one looks perfect. Okay, so the list expanded to 12 things, but almost everything mentioned will last them all four years!