Thieves Household Cleaner
If you are not already using Thieves, this your chance to try it! I’m teaming up with my friend Sheri for a giveaway that will clean everything in your house. Thieves is a plant-based household cleaner that is safe and effective and it smells amazing. It comes as a concentrate in a 14-ounce bottle. That means you could make 29 16-ounce bottles of household cleaner with just one bottle of Thieves that costs around $22. It will clean everything in your house! Keep reading for the giveaway!
When I started using essential oils exactly one year ago this week, I had no idea what path it would take me on. I started using essential oils for diffusing to replace toxic candles and then quickly became aware of the number of household items that are not safe. I was using at least 10 or 12 different products to clean my house and had no idea that most, if not all of the cleaning products I was buying at the grocery store or Target were toxic. It was alarming and quite frightening to think about the chemicals in some of these products that I was using to clean things like my countertops that come in direct contact with food.
Did you know:
- There are only 11 chemicals banned in the United States? Canada has guidelines for over 650 chemicals, and The European Union Health Commission has restricted over 1,300 chemicals.
- When it comes to cosmetics, Government regulations haven’t been updated since 1930. Fragrances are considered a trade secret.
- There are no legal definitions for “natural” and “organic” on cosmetics and personal care products.
We recommend watching the documentary “Stink” on Netflix.
How do we use Thieves?
We use Thieves to clean everything! I keep a bottle by the kitchen sink, under the bathroom sink, in the laundry room, and in my car to name a few places in and around the house,
All-Purpose Kitchen Cleaner
- One 16-ounce glass bottle
- One capful of Thieves concentrate
- Top off with water. Thieves Soft Scrub
In a small bowl mix together:
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- 2 tablespoons Castile liquid soap
- 2 drops Citrus Fresh
- 1/2 capful of Thieves. That’s it. You can add essential oils like Citrus Fresh, lemon, but I just use Thieves and water for the bottle by my sink.
- Use with a scrub brush
Glass & Window Cleaner
In a spray bottle mix the following:
- 1 capful Thieves Household Cleaner
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- Top with water
- So simple, but works better than any glass cleaner I’ve used and it smells wonderful. If the vinegar is too strong, add a drop of lemon or Citrus Fresh.
Win a packet of Thieves Household Cleaner (enough for three 16-ounce bottles), a 16-ounce clear glass bottle, a Thieves custom decal, and one Swedish Dish Cloth.
I am so excited about this product that I’ve teamed up with my friend Sheri Silver for a giveaway! Sheri and I have known each other for quite a few years through blogging and now we both love essential oils and we think you might too! Part of the giveaway includes another fun product that Sheri found and we now both use and love. It’s these Swedish dishcloths from Three Bluebirds. What is a Swedish dishcloth? It’s 100% natural and replaces paper towels and sponges. It can be washed 200 times in the washing machine or top rack of the dishwasher.
Here’s how to enter:
Head over to Instagram and follow us both, if you’re not already following:
Leave a comment on the giveaway post, sharing the one thing you’d like to do better/smarter/healthier this year. The giveaway will run till 5:00 p.m. EST and we will announce the winner tomorrow. Good luck!
Any suggestions made on this blog are very specific to Young Living essential oils and should not be used with oils from another source. Statements made on this website about Young Living Essential Oils have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products and information are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Anyone suffering from disease or injury should consult with a physician. If you are currently on medication, please do not stop.