The best colorful salad for your Thanksgiving dinner is a shaved Brussels sprouts salad. It’s similar to a shaved broccoli salad, but Brussels Sprouts make it perfect for Thanksgiving.
I always like a sturdy green salad that holds up well to turkey and all the sides. Side dishes are all in the neutral beige category for color. You’ve got turkey, and then gravy, potatoes, stuffing, and probably a few others. This salad is the best for Thanksgiving because it’s colorful, crunchy, and easy to make!
What makes this colorful Brussels sprouts salad the best for Thanksgiving?
Aside from the bright, appetizing colors and the freshness that this crunchy salad brings to the table, it’s easy to make! You can assemble it ahead of time.
What’s in this colorful salad?
- Brussels Sprouts
- parmesan cheese
- pomegranate arils
What’s in the dressing?
- olive oil
- apple cider vinegar
- fig jam
- fresh thyme
- orange zest
- red pepper flakes
The Best Colorful Salad for Your Thanksgiving Dinner
This colorful, crunchy salad is perfect for adding to your Thanksgiving menu! And you can make it ahead.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 6-8 1x
- Category: salad
- 16 ounces shredded Brussels sprouts (I use about 1 1/2 bags from Trader Joe’s that are 10 ounces each)
- 2 ounces pancetta (I used the package kind and used about 1/2 of the package)
- 1/4 cup pomegranate arils
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese (broken into good size pieces)
- 1/4 cup pinenuts
For the dressing:
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- one shallot, sliced thin
- zest of one orange
- one teaspoon of fresh thyme, chopped
- one tablespoon of fig jam
- salt and pepper
- crushed red pepper
- Cook the pancetta until crisp and remove to a plate with a paper towel.
- Prepare the brussels sprouts or use those prepared in a bag to save time. Pour into a bowl.
- Add the pomegranate arils, parmesan cheese, and pinenuts. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Make the dressing:
- Add the olive oil to a saute pan and cook the thinly sliced shallots, stirring to ensure they don’t burn. Remove from the heat and pour into a jar and allow to cool slightly before adding the apple cider vinegar, fig jam, orange zest, thyme, salt, pepper, and a little crushed red pepper. Stir and add to the salad or leave it at room temperature for a few hours while preparing the meal.
- When ready to serve, toss the salad with the dressing at room temperature or heat a little if preferred.
This salad is great as a meal or as a Thanksgiving side. I love that I can buy everything at Trader Joe’s, and it comes together so easily, but it’s so delicious! A crunchy, colorful salad to go with all that Thanksgiving food we love so much!
Keywords: salad, Brussels sprouts, healthy eating
This colorful salad would be the perfect dish to take if you are asked to bring a salad.
Bring a large salad bowl and salad servers. You don’t want your host to have to look for one) and fill it with unopened bags of shredded Brussels sprouts. Prepare the pancetta, and store it in a small container. Then have the cheese and pinenuts in small containers or jars as well. Make the dressing and store it in a jar that you can shake and dress the salad just as needed. This can all be done in a small kitchen area or somewhere out of the hosts’ way!
You might wonder, is this colorful salad for your Thanksgiving dinner healthy?
6 More Side Dishes for Your Thanksgiving Table
Blogger’s Best Thanksgiving Side Dish Recipes
- Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts (7 Minutes) | Happy Happy Nester
- Easy Pumpkin Shaped No-Knead Dutch Oven Bread Recipe | Inspiration for Moms
- Colorful Brussels Sprouts Salad | Most Lovely Things
- Bacon-Wrapped Green Bean Bundles | Tater Tots and Jello
- Parmesan Herb Roasted Potatoes | Twelve on Main
- Honey Roasted Butternut Squash | My Sweet Savannah
- A Delicious and Easy Cranberry Bread Recipe | Pasha is Home