When my daughter is home from school one of the things we love to do is go out for coffee. Not just any coffee shop will do, we make a day of it. We make plans, we map out two or three places we want to try in the city and off we go. It’s a great time to catch up and check out some fun new places. But sometimes.…we don’t have the whole day to drink coffee. I know…shocking, right? That’s when we discovered Lorca right near us in the heart of downtown Stamford, Connecticut.
Lorca is owned by Leyla Dam who describes herself as an architect with a love of food and coffee. She grew up in Spain drinking Cortados and eating churros. In 2010 she traveled to Sevilla to learn the art of making churros and returned to Connecticut to learn the craft of coffee. Lorca opened in the winter of 2012.
One of our favorite items on the menu is the Alfajores cookie. A rich butter cookie with dulce de leche, coconut and powdered sugar. Leyla said her mom made them for their opening and they soon became a Lorca favorite. I like to order them by the dozen for dinner parties at home. They are so good, you may want to get two dozen!
Lorca is located at 125 Bedford Street in downtown Stamford, Connecticut.
- How to make easy painted candles
- Make the most of a backyard shed
- We love lemon crinkle cookies on mini plates!
- A simple dried flower heart garland for Valentine’s Day
- why buy granola when you can make it even better?
- a healthy oatmeal blueberry muffin that you are going to love
- lighting makes all the difference in a home
- How to make the best cheeseburger
- A new smoothie recipe and other Sunday favorites
- Looking for the best way to display the incredibly popular wall vase?
- New Garnet Hill Bedding and few other favorites
- Bluestone Lane Upper East Side