I had the privilege of hosting a small lunch today for two amazing women who I am sponsoring and their co-sponsors for the National Charity League. If you know about NCL then you know it is a philanthropic organization that fosters the mother-daughter relationship through community service, leadership and cultural experiences. NCL was established in 1925 in Los Angeles, CA and now has more than 160 chapters in 17 states. Girls and their mothers join in 7th grade and go through 12th grade. My daughter and I first joined in New Canaan, CT and then transferred to a league when we moved to Southern California. The experience has been rewarding in countless ways. We have been fortunate to meet and become close friends with many wonderful women and their daughters while working in the community.
I served Ina Garten’s Goat Cheese Tart from her Back to Basics cook book. You can find the recipe here.
The salad was from Giada DeLaurentis. It is arugula with a lemon vinaigrette and the recipe can be found here.
Lorna’s cookies and coffee for dessert. See my post
about her gorgeous pinwheel cookies here.
- 6 simple ways to refresh your home for spring
- Why We Love Our New Solo Stove
- Make This Easy Tuscan Winter Soup
- How to host a dinner party in a small apartment
- Sunday Favorites + A Table Lamp in the kitchen
- Thieves: Everyone’s favorite household cleaner
- Why we chose Maiden Home for our new sofa
- An update on our painted stone fireplace
- DIY Checkerboard Chalkboard Wall Update + Friday Favorites
- Hearth & Hand for Magnolia
- Galvanized Outdoor Planters + Friday Favorites
- Black Brick Coffee, Williamsburg
Leave a Reply