How to make a DIY pumpkin jack-o-lantern for your diffuser! Aside from my kids’ first-grade salsa jar pumpkin votives, this jack-o-lantern diffuser is my favorite Halloween decoration. I wanted to share it right away in case you’re like me and the moment the calendar flips to October, outcome the Halloween and fall decorations! Not a lot around here, but just enough to make it cozy!
Would you like to win a sold out Pottery Barn Jack-o-Lantern?
All of the Pottery Barn metal jack-o-lanterns are sold out! I know…and it’s only October first! I happened to get my hands on two while shopping at the Westport store this week and I thought…why not do a giveaway!?
Here is how you enter!
There are a couple of ways to be entered to win this PB Jack-O-Lantern.
- Purchase the Fall Bundle for $101.50. (This is for new members only, if you are already one of my members, you can purchase under a spouse or child over 16). You can use the above link or email me for help. Gift – I will send you a small ceramic diffuser to use in your pumpkin or on its own.
- Purchase the Fall Thieves Cleaning Bundle for $109. (new members only) – Gift – I will send you an amber bottle with label, Thieves Recipe Card on how to use Thieves and a Swedish Dish Cloth with the purchase of the Fall Thieves Cleaning Bundle.
- Become a new member and make any purcahse of at least $100 PV on Young Living using my number: 18171093 – email me with any questions: email@example.com. Gift– Choice of either the small diffuser or the amber bottle, label and Swedish dish cloth.
Contest ends at 3pm EST on Friday, October 8th…this will give me enough time to take to the post office so that you receive it and start enjoying right away!
This metal jack-o-lantern from Pottery Barn is the coziest decoration of all!
You can use it with a candle, an electric candle, or my favorite is to use it with a diffuser. I no longer burn scented candles, but I still love my house to smell like fall. There are so many cozy fall blends that replicate all the scented candles that I used to buy at Anthropologie and Terrain.
Favorite fall scents for room sprays and diffuser blends
Our Favorite Fall Essential Oils
- Cinnamon Bark – This is an all time favorite! Who doesn’t love the smell of cinnamon in the fall. Cinnamon Bark is also a vitality oil and it’s known for its antioxidant powers, so add a drop to your tea or protein bites!
- Orange – We love anything citrus and orange is at the top of my list for all time favorite oils. I used to buy orange and vanilla scented candles and now I diffuse them instead! It’s so lovely anytime of year!
- Grapefruit – Another citrus that we love. It’s so fresh and it’s ain all the anthropolgie inspired diffusing blends. The great thing aboujt citrus oils is that they are relatievely inexpensive, so I can add extra drops and not feel like I’m getting carried away!
- Clove – Clove is a must for fall diffusing! You only need a drop or two in a blend, so a bottle will last all autumn long!
- Bergamot – A citrus aroma with a hint of floral. Bergamot can also be used in perfume, and can be added in hair and skin products.
- Christmas Spirit – A blend that every house needs, especially once the air gets crisp. It’s perfect on its own oir add orange like we do! You might want to buy two bottles!
- Thieves – A spicy, rich blend that contains clove, rosemary, lemon, eucalyptus, and cinnamon bark. This is the essentail oil that’s used in all the cleaning supplies. I dffuse it in its own in the kitchen all day long anytime of year. I sometimes add more lemon, but it’s perfect on its own.
- Nutmeg – A drop or two of nutmeg in any fall diffuser blend is a welcome cozy scent! It’s like somthing yummy is baking in the oven.
How to turn any metal jack-o-lantern into a diffuser holder
- First, find a metal pumpkin or container that will fit your diffuser. Check both height and width to make sure it will accommofdate the diffuser you want to use.
- You want to find a conainer that has some openings so that the glow of the diffuser shines through.
- Drill a hole large enough in the back to accommodate the cord. Remove the cord from the diffuser an dplace through the opening and then reattach to the diffuser and place inside. So easy, and it looks beautiful! I’ve dound that I can just remove the top, add more water and essential oils and then replace the top without having to remove the actual diffuser from the container.
- Turn on the diffuser and adjust to the light/color setting of your choice. I always choose the one that resemebles a warm soft glow like a candle. I also use these electric candles.
The Tools You’ll Need
- Power drill with 3/4 inch drill bit
- Safety Goggles
Why diffuse over burning candles?
A little over two years ago I switched to diffusing over burning candles all day long. I used to have headaches frequenty attributed it to working on my computer. But then I switched to diffusing and I stopped having headaches. It took me awhile to connect the dots, but the more I leanred about how toxic scented candles can be, the more comfortable and happy I am that I made the switch to diffusing pure therapetic grade essential oils.
Even The Little Book of Hygge – Danish Secrets to Happy Living talks about how burning candles can cause indoor air pollution. “Studies show that lighting just one candle fills that air with more microparticles than traffic in a busy street.”