Homemade Taco seasoning is so easy to make I don’t know why I ever bought those packets.
A few years ago I made my own taco seasoning by way of default. I simply forgot to buy a taco seasoning packet and I didn’t want to run back into town to buy that one missing ingredient to an easy dinner. So of course I realized I have everything I need in my spice cabinet. The great thing about making your own is that you can control the heat and the salt by adding as little or much as you like. When I make it I’ll go ahead and make a few at a time. I use a piece of butcher paper and measure out what I need for the equivalent of one packet and then crease it and pour it into my jar. Clean up is easy and I’m halfway to dinner!Print
Homemade Taco Seasoning
Why would you buy a taco seasoning packet when you probably have everything you need in your spice cabinet to make your own!
- 1 heaping tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper (adjust to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
Mix everything together and store in a glass jar with a lid.
We used these spice jars that come with two sets of minimalist labels.
- Step-by-Step Guide to Art Mode on Samsung Frame TV
- How to create a beautiful pantry in a small space
- Let’s Look Ahead To Design Trends For 2023
- How to host a dinner party in a small apartment
- Are you looking for the best lobster roll recipe?
- Have you made the two-ingredient Pizza Dough?
- Thieves: Everyone’s favorite household cleaner
- 12 reasons why we love essential oils
- Project Design: Choosing Paint Colors
- Whipped Ricotta 2 Ways
- DIY Planter Drink Table + Target Outdoor Sale
- Modern Farmhouse Meets Cottage Style + Outdoor Living