Company is coming next week and the porch needed a little attention. Last week Mary Ann was here and I managed to eke out one more week with mums planted in my front porch pots, but now they are officially done for the season. I thought about pumpkins, but really I’m in the winter mind set. I know….crazy! I went to Valley View Greenhouses in South Salem, NY in search of boxwoods, but they had containers filled with small shrubs and immediately I was smitten the idea. My ikea planters or pots are not very big….but I managed to cram three in each. I chose ones that had a variety of color and texture. On the 31st I’ll add pumpkins to the mix, but now all I have to do to get my porch ready for winter (and Thanksgiving) is decide what to do with the chairs and add a runner like this one from Home Depot. It’s less than $3 a foot and can be cut to your exact dimensions. It will make the porch a lot safer in the winter months. On to the next project…
I take my plant pot and liner so that I can be sure everything will fit. This is at one of my favorite nurseries, Valley View Greenhouses. During the summer months I’ll plant these in a shady spot in my backyard and hopefully use them again next year in my pots or window boxes.
Chamaecyparis Fillicodus “fern,” Juniperus Squamata “Blue Star”, Chamaecyparis “Gold Mop”
oh one more thing…I added stripes to my ikea doormat. It took about 30 seconds and I think I like it.
- 6 simple ways to refresh your home for spring
- Why We Love Our New Solo Stove
- Make This Easy Tuscan Winter Soup
- Try this easy make-ahead chocolate budino recipe!
- 10 Best Desserts in NYC you need to experience!
- Thieves: Everyone’s favorite household cleaner
- Pumpkin Granola + Switch & Ditch Candles/cleaning
- Easy Summer Barbecue menu + DIY citronella candle
- Serena & Lily Spring Sale
- My favorites are on sale at Serena & Lily
- House Tour + Gardener’s Cottage
- Black Garage + Barn Light Electric
Leave a Reply