My most popular post on this blog and on my Pinterest has to do with painting our stone fireplace. I have loved getting all your emails and photos of your stone fireplaces. And know that any advice given is with a lot of consideration. Painting brick or stone is fairly permanent and of course I don’t want to steer any one in the wrong direction. I have seen some pretty terrible before photos and and have loved seeing your photos after you tackled the project. Keep them coming—one day I would love to share everyone’s before and after fireplaces. Send me your photos and permission if you want to share! See our before at the bottom of this post. (it’s from the real estate brochure).
Here’s a few things I’ve seen this week that I thought you might like:
This article about Math has you thinking about it in maybe a whole new way.
Now that I’m working part-time I don’t always have the time to do yoga or bar method classes. Even though a class is only 60-75 minutes, it’s the planning your schedule around it, driving to the class and then home again. I still do classes at least twice a week, but the other days I mix in strength training with resistance bands. I bought these. Perfect for travel too.
And while we are talking about health and fitness, is stretching the new fitness fad? Read this article. They talk about it in years. As in–how old are you in flexibility years?
Clutter can really weigh us down. I know last year the craze was all about the Tidying up Book. But what if you’re just not ready for that? Here’s another way looking at de-cluttering that makes a lot of sense. And at the end the year if you follow this plan you’ll have rid yourself 1,825 items. isn’t that crazy to think about?
So I think this weekend I’ll get rid of 10 items. That doesn’t seem so hard. Hope you have a lovely weekend! xo annie
This photo shows the fireplace before it was painted. Photo is from the real estate brochure.
- The Perfect Planters for the Front Porch
- 6 simple ways to refresh your home for spring
- Why We Love Our New Solo Stove
- Easy Skillet Strawberry Shortcakes
- How to make all-natural moth repellent sachets
- A Simple DIY Wax Paper Leaf Cover for your diffuser
- Easy appetizers for holiday entertaining
- My favorites are on sale at Serena & Lily
- Project Design: Coffee Table Styling
- Cindy Hattersley + Rough Luxe Lifestyle Blog at Christmas
- Black Brick Coffee, Williamsburg
- Painted Stone Fireplace Update
Leave a Reply