Create a beautiful fall table using what you have and try it before Thanksgiving. I think creating a table using what we already own is both meaningful and creative. Not to mention thrifty!
Use old silver trays as chargers
A few years ago, I started collecting old silver trays. You can find silver trays in thrift stores or Goodwill for just a few dollars. Each is a little different, but they make the perfect chargers. I’ve even found some smaller and perfect-for-child-size plates.
Birchwood pieces for place card holders
The birchwood pieces are from a DIY project. They are perfect for place cards. A slice of a branch cut halfway through the thickness holds a card or photo.
Add a blanket or a wrap on each seat for an outdoor dinner party
A blanket at each seat is always a good idea. Even in the summer months, it gets chilly at night.
Use a variety of vintage or new glassware in different colors
Pots of fresh herbs for flowers and simple candle holders
Simple watercolor cards are painted to create one-of-a-kind place cards
Supplies needed for watercolor cards:
- A watercolor set and paintbrushes
- heavy watercolor paper
- A paper trimmer
- Sharpie pen
For place cards, I use inexpensive watercolors, watercolor paper, and a trimmer to cut perfect-sized cards to use with the birch branch card holders.
I love garden flowers or a combination of fresh herbs if that’s what I have.
The linen napkins are from Serena & Lily, and I found the small copper candle holders at Terrain for $4 each. They come in four finishes, perfect for any table!
Everything else on the table is vintage or everyday dishes and flatware. Easy and inexpensive. What’s your favorite approach to setting a pretty table that doesn’t break the bank?
- Easter Place Card Nests
- 6 simple ways to refresh your home for spring
- Why We Love Our New Solo Stove
- Let’s make these simple watercolor hearts for a DIY Valentine
- How to build a coffee table bench in 10 easy steps
- all foraged and natural Christmas decor you’ll love
- Why this simple chair is the best for any style table
- DIY Hand Sanitizer
- Copper Lanterns make statement at your front door
- An easy make ahead appetizer for thanksgiving
- I updated an Ikea armoire with Chalk Paint® decorative paint by Annie Sloan
- Flower Shops + Copenhagen
Leave a Reply