I am updating this old post because this photo taken at The Union Square Green Market in NYC is my most popular pin! I think it’s the colors and the idea of making something simple, like a few flowers and a mini pumpkin, into a tiny fall flower arrangement.
So, I thought I would put the instructions on how I recreated this little planter in this post. You can visit this post for a little video showing how I did it using a drill.
Mini Pumpkin Flower Arrangements
Here is what you need to make three mini pumpkin planters with fall flowers
- Three mini pumpkins
- Nine tiny mum flowers
- 3 -6 Aster flowers
- Some trailing flowers (I found mine on a walk in my neighborhood)
- Any other kind of flower that you like
Alternatives to Using Flowers
- Succulents are a great option to use in mini pumpkins. White pumpkins also look beautiful with a variety of succulents.
- Evergreens also work beautifully and are long-lasting, like succulents.
- Dried flowers are widely available now and can be used over and over. Using flowers like dried Yarrow would be beautiful in any color pumpkin.