Easter Place Card Nests Using Natural Elements Found on a Walk
Using what I found in nature, I made Easter place cards that are mini nests, plus little Quail eggs that I purchased a few years ago at Terrain. You could also use chocolate eggs!
Supplies from Nature
I wanted to use mostly what I had on hand or could find in nature. A morning walk to the beach past a very large birch tree after weeks of windy weather, and you are almost guaranteed to find loads of branches on the ground. It took no more than five minutes of collecting twigs beneath the tree to have enough to make these Easter place cards, plus maybe a couple of small wreaths!
All the Supplies You’ll Need to Make Easter Place Card Nests
- Wood discs or slices from a limb that are about 5-6″ in diameter
- Birch branches
- Finish Nails (I used 1 1/4″)
- Flower bulbs, pussy willows, eggs
- Paper to make tags (I used a brown paper shopping bag)
Can I purchase the supplies to make these?
If you aren’t lucky enough to have a birch tree in your neighborhood, you can purchase them on Amazon or find them at your local flower market.
Same with the wood discs. We found a tree limb that had fallen and turned out to be a perfect size. Brent cut 1/2″ slices. But you certainly could buy these unfinished natural wood slices. Ours are about 3″ in diameter.
Moss – I collected the moss from rock walls, but store-bought moss would work too!
Here’s how I made them
- First, immerse the branches in hot water for at least 30 minutes. It makes them more pliable. I use my big lobster pot for things like this!
- Take the wood slice or disc and hammer nails around the edge about 1 1/2 ” apart.
- Then take the birch twigs from the water and wind them around the nails going back and forth, tucking in the ends. Add more as needed. Once you are happy with the look, trim or tuck in any loose branches.
- Fill the center with the foraged moss. Add small flowers, pussy willow branches trimmed short, and an egg or two.
- Make a tag using kraft paper (from a shopping bag) and place it in the nest.
Setting the Easter Table
The rustic and natural nests set the tone of the Easter table. I use a white linen tablecloth and striped linen napkins from Garnet Hill. The Flower wall will hold simple white flowers for Easter.
I’ll use my twig vases around the house with white tulips.
Thank you for reading Easter Place Card Nests Using Natural Elements. Below you’ll find the supplies you could use to make them if you don’t live where you can easily find them on a walk!
They are so easy to put together! If you make them, tag me, and I would love to share them on Instagram!
Pin for later!
Shop for Supplies
Follow me on Instagram and Pinterest!
- Easy Birch Twig Spring Wreath
- Mini Easter Basket Treat Cups
- How to Make A Simple Spring Flower Wall
- The best custom rubber stamp for cards & gift wrap
- how to make an ice lantern
- all foraged and natural Christmas decor you’ll love
- How to make giant paper snowflakes and More
- Tips on Painting your front door + our new Pink Door
- A Simple DIY Wax Paper Leaf Cover for your diffuser
- A little inspiration from Leanne Ford
- DIY Citrus Room Sprays
- An easy make ahead appetizer for thanksgiving
Leave a Reply