turns out that TikTok coffee everyone made when the pandemic started, makes a really great topping for vanilla ice-cream!
It’s always nice to have an easy, but delicious dessert where you can have the ingredients on hand for those times when you need it! We love to have people over and sometimes it’s last minute and we will order pizza or pick up seafood at our favorite local spot, Knot Norm’s. We love to be able to have a semi-home-made dessert that takes about 2 minutes to throw together!
It takes only three ingredients for Dalgona Whipped Coffee
Equal parts instant espresso, sugar & water
At the beginning of the pandemic, everyone was making the TikTok whipped coffee and I couldn’t believe how amazing it was that with basically two ingredients, plus water, and you get this amazing whipped meringue-like coffee. It was mid-March when I made it and ice-cream was not on my mind like it is now when it’s 90 degrees. Last weekend I was in need of a quick dessert and for some reason, this is what came to mind. I always keep a couple of pints of good vanilla ice cream in the freezer. It’s the perfect start to a quick dessert. You can add home-made granola, make a hot fudge or caramel sauce, top with fruit…so many desserts can start with a good vanilla ice cream. I’ve made Affogato sundaes before so I thought, wouldn’t it be even better with whipped coffee on top? The answer is YES!
Dalgona Coffee as a Topping for Ice Cream
That whipped coffee you made from TikTok makes a great topping for vanilla ice-cream!
- Prep Time: 1 minute
- Total Time: 3 minutes
- 1/4 cup instant espresso coffee
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup warm water
- vanilla ice-cream
- chocolate covered espresso beans
- Combine equal parts instant coffee, sugar, and warm water and mix well in the bowl of an electric mixer for about 1-2 minutes until it becomes the consistency of meringue.
- add a generous dollop on a scoop of vanilla ice-cream
- Add a few chocolate-covered espresso beans
If you’ve tried this and you haven’t had the results you expected…make sure your coffee is instant espresso and not just instant coffee. I have heard from several people that it didn’t work and that seems to be the common problem.
ice-cream AND coffee in one bowl!
Make sure to check out these recipes from 11 other bloggers!
The Best Summer Ice Cream and Popsicle Recipes
- How to make easy painted candles
- We love lemon crinkle cookies on mini plates!
- A simple dried flower heart garland for Valentine’s Day
- why buy granola when you can make it even better?
- lighting makes all the difference in a home
- How to make the best cheeseburger
- A simple delicious harvest cake to make this weekend
- Looking for the best way to display the incredibly popular wall vase?
- Make a Muffaletta Sandwich for your next picnic
- Sunday Favorites + Frozen Hot Chocolate
- Davelle + Lower East Side, NYC
- Bluestone Lane Upper East Side