How to make the best burger every time!
I’ve been making burgers this way for almost 20 years and it’s hard to find a better burger anywhere! I’m not sure where we saw the recipe, but I do know it was from James Beard. I think it’s pretty close to what I read somewhere 20 years ago!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 14 minutes
- Total Time: 24 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- 2 1/4 pounds 80/20 ground chuck
- 1 small yellow onion
- 2 teaspoons heavy cream
- salt and pepper
- Place the ground chuck in a bowl and create a cavity in the center.
- Generously salt and pepper over the entire meat
- Pour the heavy cream in the center and grate the onion.
- Fold over the meat combining the cream and onion, but do not over mix.
- Make 6 patties that are 6-ounces each
- Prepare the grill, once hot, spray the grates with cooking spray like Pam
- Cook for 7.5 minutes on each side.
- Add cheese and allow to melt
Keywords: cheeseburger, hamburger, sandwich