Brown Butter Banana Bread
It is the brown butter and the raw sugar crust that makes an ordinary banana bread over the top delicious!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 55 minutes
- Total Time: 65 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: breakfast
- Method: easy
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 4 small ripe bananas mashed, plus 1 large not-so-ripe banana halved lengthwise for decoration.
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, plus 3-4 drops Cinnamon Bark Vitality
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg or 2 drops nutmeg vitality
- Cooking spray for pan
- 1 cup Turbinado sugar for coating the extra banana for topping/decoration.
- Preheat oven to 350º and spray a loaf pan with cooking spray
- Melt the butter and brown it carefully making sure not to burn the butter. Let cool slightly and reserve 2 tablespoons for the topping.
- Mash the small bananas and add in the eggs, incorporating them into the bananas. Add in the vitality oils if using.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, brown sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the banana mixture and blend until fully incorporated.
- Add in the melted browned butter making sure to reserve 2 tablespoons for the top and stir to combine. Pour into the prepared loaf pan.
- Take the large banana and slice it in half. Dredge the banana halves in the batter and then toss gently to coat in the turbinado sugar. Place on top of the batter in the pan and bake for 55-60 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Re-melt the remaining butter if it has become solid again and using a brush, baste the top of the bread with the two tablespoons of butter. Serve warm!
Keywords: banana bread, breakfast