These are smooth and creamy mashed potatoes made with lots of butter and heavy cream! These are not your everyday potatoes! They are so good if you like creamy mashed potatoes.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 6-8 1x
- 4 Russet potatoes, peeled and chopped into 6–8 pieces depending on the size of the potatoes
- 1 stick butter
- 1/4–1/2 cup heavy cream or whole milk
- Place peeled and chopped potatoes in a large pot and cover with cold water
- Bring to a boil and cook until very soft but not falling apart. Check often by piercing a potato with a fork to check.
- Prepare the mixing bowl by running very hot water in the bowl. You want the bowl to be heated.
- Once cooked, drain and return to the same pot and put back on the burner for a few seconds, shaking the pot to ensure all the moisture is evaporated.
- While still hot, rice the potatoes into the mixing bowl that has been heated.
- Add the melted butter and warmed heavy cream or milk, salt, and mix well with a stand or hand mixer.
- Add more melted butter or warmed cream as needed for the consistency you prefer. Serve immediately or can be reheated.
Keywords: mashed potatoes, Thanksgiving