Goat Cheese with Castelvetrano Olives
I saw this on instagram or pinterest…it’s not really a recipe, but I have to share it because it’s so simple and so good!
- Prep Time: 5 - 10 minutes
- Cook Time: none
- Total Time: 5 - 10 minutes
- Yield: 4 - 6 1x
- Category: appetizer
- 4 oz. plain goat cheese
- 18–20 Castelvetrano olives pitted and sliced in half
- 1/4– 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- drizzle of olive oil
- fresh thyme leaves
- Using a ramekin, coat the inside with olive oil on bottom and sides and press goat cheese into the ramekin.
- Freeze for a couple of minutes and then remove and run a knife around the edges and place on a plate or dish with sides.
- Place olives around the cheese.
- Sprinkle the red pepper flakes and fresh thyme on cheese and olives. Drizzle a little olive oil over the entire dish.
- Serve with crackers or bread
To save even more time, you could buy a goat cheese round rather than the log shape. I used what we had on hand, but next time I’ll buy it in a round shape.
Keywords: simple appetizer