apple crumble (gluten free + vegan)
I made this with stone fruit all summer and now that it’s almost October, I’ve switched to honeycrisp apples.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- one large honeycrisp apple, peeled, cored and cut into small dice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons tapioca flour
for the oat topping
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, (solid, not melted)
- Heat oven to 350º
- Combine the apple with the cinnamon, nutmeg, flour and sugar and toss to coat the fruit
- Pour into individual ramekins (I use small Lodge skillets) In a separate bowl, combine the flours, oats and sugar. With a fork work in the coconut oil until it is crumbly.
- Cover the fruit evenly and bake for about 20 minutes if you are making them as individual servings. Watch closely and if they start to get too brown on top, cover loosely with foil.
I make a small recipe that makes only 4 individual (small) servings. This recipe could easily be doubled or even tripled.