We love our essential oils
When I first started using essential oils, I started out like most people…diffusing them and enjoying the combinations of oils to create whatever mood I wanted. And I’ll always diffuse because I enjoy it and I love knowing that I’m not putting toxins in the air like I would be if I were burning a candle. That was my main reason for making the switch from candles to a diffuser. This was reason enough for me to try essential oils, but I quickly learned how much more they could do for overall wellness for me and my family. My current favorite blend using our Aria diffuser: It reminds us of living in Arizona when we were first married. We had several citrus trees and wild rosemary growing in the yard.
- 6 drops orange
- 4 drops cedar wood
- 2 drops rosemary or peppermint
The Aria diffuser covers about 450 square feet, so we use it in our main room and it’s perfect. We have a small one in the office and often use a similar combination of the above, but far fewer drops. We are slowly adding diffusers to every room in the house.
The thing that has surprised me the most about using essential oils is how it brought awareness to so many products I was using in our home that are toxic. From laundry detergent, cleaning supplies, to what I use on my face, body, and hair.
I’m sharing three ways we are using essential oils besides diffusing them. I use them in so many ways, but here are three that I am loving right now!
Essential oils in skin care
One thing I was excited to make once I bought all the carrier oils was a brown sugar body scrub. I usually buy one jar of Fresh Body Scrub every spring…I buy only one because it’s so darn expensive. But now I’ve made my own using all the same ingredients that I keep in my “oil tool kit” plus essential oils. I can use it starting now and all through the summer, making a new batch as I need it. My skin has never felt so soft. And it could not be easier to make!
I hesitated in placing an order for this many carrier oils, but every time I wanted to make something using my essential oils, it would come back to something on this list. I started slowly and now my “tool kit” is pretty complete. I keep them all in one place in my pantry so I can easily access just what I need tp make a roller bottle, a cleanser or this body scrub.Print
The Best Sugar Scrub for soft skin using essential oils
This diy body scrub uses almost the same ingredients as the store bought body scrub that costs $70 a jar. Your skin will feel soft and smooth…for a lot less than $70!
- 2 tablespoons jojoba oil
- 3 tablespoons sweet almond oil
- 2 tablespoons apricot kernel oil
- 1 tablespoon evening primrose oil
- 1 teaspoon sunflower oil
- 3 drops ginseng extract
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup turbinado sugar (more commonly known as Sugar in the Raw)
- 15 drops essential oils
- 4 drops germanium
- 2 drops rosemary
- 4 drops Frankincense
- 2 drops lemon
- 3 drops peppermint
- Add everything to a glass bowl
- Stir well to combine
- Scoop into a glass jar with a lid
- Use a generous amount and apply to wet skin in the shower, massaging into the skin to help exfoliate. Rinse and pat dry.
- Moisturize immediatley
I use for several days in a row and then about two or three times a week during the summer months.
Essential Oils for household cleaning
My favorite household use is a citrus cutting board scrub. All you need are a few things: soap flakes, coarse salt, baking soda, and lemon essential oil. The lemon essential oil is one that I run out of quickly. I use it in a glass of water every morning and just about everything for household cleaning.Print
Citrus Cutting Board Scrub
Clean your wood cutting boards safely using a few ingredients you probably have a around the house.
- 1/4 cup soap flakes
- 1/4 cup course salt
- 1/4 cup baking soda
- 10 drops lemon essential oil
- fresh lemon
- Combine everything together in a glass bowl.
- Scoop into a glass jar with a lid.
Use to clean cutting boards, counter tops and pots and pans. If you have a lemon, use the cut side of 1/2 lemon to scrub. It will disinfect and smell wonderful at the same time.
Essentials Oils in my favorite smoothie
Strawberry Smoothie with Peppermint Essential Oil
We make a version of Kelly LeVeque’s Fab Four Smoothie everyday. I can no longer imagine not having this at some point during the morning. Only recently have I started adding a drop of essential oil. In this one, I used peppermint.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: none
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- 1 small banana
- 3–4 frozen strawberries slightly thawed
- 2 scoops vanilla collagen protein powder
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 2 drops peppermint essential oil
- small handful of ice
- Mix everything in a powerful blender until completely smooth.
- I add my drops of peppermint essential oil to each glass after it has been blended and poured.
We usually add in a handful of baby spinach. This photo is without the spinach.
Are you thinking of ordering a starter kit? What does that mean, starter kit? Let me break it down…
Ordering a starter kit from Young Living is by far the best value. Order HERE and make sure the number 18171093 appears in both the “Enroller” and “Sponsor ID” fields.
The starter kits start at $160 and includes a diffuser and 12 essential oils, and several products that you can try, plus a beautiful product guide that provides tons of information. You can select the kit based on the diffuser that you want to order. I love our Aria diffuser because it covers 450 square feet, has soothing music or you can plug in your phone to play your own music. You can also choose from 5 light colors. I usually select the warm yellow for a soft glow.
What does it mean to sign up as a MEMBER? – You do not have to sell anything, it just means that you get 24% off.
I do recommend that in addition to ordering your Premium Starter Kit that you also sign up for Essential Rewards. Now, what does that mean?
FAQ on Essential Rewards
- No monthly commitment – You can order your starter kit and stop there. Try everything and see how you like it. You’ll find that you go through a few of the oils quickly…for us it’s lemon. You can just pop in and order your lemon essential oil at wholesale pricing.
- No Renewal Fee – Simply purchase a minimum of $50pv (most products are 1 point equals $1, one exception is diffusers) per year and your account stays active.
- No Order Minimum – Order whenever you like and as often and receive 24% off retail prices. Young Living calls their wholesale members, distributors.
- Member Number – You will have your own member number that you can share with friends. If they order using your member number, you’ll receive compensation-if you join essential rewards and spend $100pv a month. Note: enrolling as a “distributor” does not mean that you have to share oils with anyone, but once you start using them and loving them, you’ll find it hard not to tell your friends!
- Order Here – I will support you! I am fortunate to be on Brooke’s Nesting Well Team which allows you to join her exclusive Facebook group for support. We will send you a package of cards to get you started on your journey of using oils daily. It’s important who you buy your starter kit from, because this becomes your support and you have a point of contact, me! Use my number in both fields: 18171093
FAQ on ordering your Starter Kit and signing up for Essential Rewards. (which is optional) –
- When placing your order on Step 1 – Select the the tiny box “Use my starter kit as my first essential rewards order” ** If you want to add to your order so you are eligible for this months promos , ($100 of your starter kit will count towards this months promo).
- On the day you place your order, that day becomes your processing date each month. You can go in and customize your order before the next month comes along. You can even change your processing date within the month. (For example, my date was April 8th, but I knew what I wanted, so I adjusted the date to April 1st so that I receive my order earlier in the month).
- Quick Orders – You can always add an order between monthly shipments by adding a quick order. I personally think it’s better to try and bundle everything together for Essential Rewards. That way you get the promos! ER ends up costing around $50 for 50pv.
- You get 10-20% back in points each month. You can purchase products for things that you would buy anyway. Like household cleaner…I’ve made the switch to using Thieves Household Cleaner and use nothing else other than white vinegar and baking soda to clean everything in my house from floors, kitchen, bathrooms, windows. How much you dilute it depends on the job. Windows, a little goes along away, stove top and tough areas, I use straight Thieves. And remember, you can cancel anytime! There’s no commitment.
- You can place your order here and if you click the box for Essential Rewards with your starter kit, you’ll get a free oil just for hitting 100pv (about $100).
- Earn free gifts at 3, 6, 9 & 12 months
If you’re interested or if you have any questions about Young Living essential oils, I’m just an email or a phone call away. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org This post may help you with a little more about why we started using essential oils.
Young Living April Promos