Strawberry Rhubarb Slab Pie with Rose Water
- prepared pie crusts (2 packages, you’ll use 3 of 4)
- 3 cups sliced strawberries
- 3 to 4 rhubarb stalks, sliced into 1/2” pieces
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon rosewater
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice and the zest of one lemon (or 5–6 drops lemon essential oil)
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Slice strawberries and rhubarb and place into a large mixing bowl.
- Stir fruit with sugar, cornstarch, rosewater, and lemon essential oil, then fill into prepared pie crust.
- Slice the second pie crust into long strips and arrange in a lattice pattern. Brush with egg wash.
- Bake pie for 20 minutes, then reduce temperature to 350, cover pie with foil, and bake for an additional 20 minutes.
- Remove pie from oven and let cool before serving.