Madeline and I have had a tradition of shopping the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale since even before she was born. I remember shopping with my sister at the South Coast Plaza Nordstrom the July before Madeline was born in October. They had a shelf full of Madeline dolls (at anniversary sale price) and it was right then that I fell in love with the name Madeline. So 23 years later and we still go every year and have lunch at the Nordstrom Café. Tomato soup, Diet Coke and we split a cupcake. Here’s what we are loving this year:
Each year I typically take advantage of the anniversary price for expensive jeans. Ever since I started using The Laundress Classic Denim Wash I think my jeans last longer. I wear jeans almost every day (we even wear jeans at Serena & Lily), but this year I didn’t even need a new black pair. We did find a few things that Madeline needed. Madeline in her college years has been a minimalist. And it’s a good thing because living in New York City means small space and no storage. Not even a closet!
1. The cropped pant from Rag & Bone can be dressed up or worn with a jean jacket and sneakers. 2. Black denim because everyone needs a pair in their closet. 3. I have these from last year and love them. 4. The pull-on pant from Vince that she can wear year-round with everything.
& Soft Pants
We stock up on bras, pajamas (shorts for Mad, long pants for me), soft pants (I mean who doesn’t love a cozy pair of soft pants)? I always pack a pair when traveling. Perfect for the beach or even in the hotel to slip out for an early morning coffee. We both love cozy sweaters from Barefoot Dreams.
Living in the Northeast means you need lots of layers and that’s why we love the lightweight but warm jacket and vest from Patagonia. How adorable is this Wool coat with the National Parks lining from Pendelton? We both wear a lot go black and denim…can’t stop thinking about these Missoni Scarves. More Barefoot Dreams…perfect for around the house or to and from yoga.
We took the opportunity to stock up on a few gift. For me, a set of Dyptique candles. For Madeline a set of Voluspa candles. I use my Smeg tea Kettle everyday!
- How to create a beautiful pantry in a small space
- Four easy ways to spruce up grocery store spring plants
- Let’s Look Ahead To Design Trends For 2023
- Julia Child’s Beef Bourguignon is an Excellent One Dish Meal
- The easy way to create a festive coffee station
- How to Create your own personal greenhouse
- Diffusing Essential oils and making your bottle of Glow Serum
- it’s all about casual dining rooms and spaces
- DIY Hand Soap
- Project Design: Coffee Table Styling
- We sold our house!
- An easy make ahead appetizer for thanksgiving