How is everyone? Ready for the holidays? I’m back with my friends Mary Ann and Cindy and our Sunday Five Favorites! Let’s start with homemade crackers and store-bought jam from Trader Joe’s for the simplest appetizer that’s oh so delicious! Let me know if you make them and thank you for stopping by today to read my blog! I hope you know how much it’s appreciated! xx
1. Homemade crackers
If there were ever a year to make homemade crackers, I’m pretty sure 2020 is that year. So grab one of your bottles of Thyme, Rosemary, Sage, or Basil essential oils, and then the next time you are at Trader Joe’s, pick up a jar of tomato spread. It’s a sweet and savory jam. These crackers are like a savory shortbread cookie and so easy to make! And no fresh herbs needed, but if you have them, you can add those too!Print
Homemade Thyme shortbread crackers
Make these easy shortbread crackers and pair them with store-bought tomato jam from Trader Joe’s.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 12-15
- Total Time: 52 minute
- 4 ounces butter at room temperature
- 3 ounces grated Parmesan cheese
- 4–6 drop Thyme Vitality Essential Oil or any herb essential oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1–2 tablespoons water
- Using a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, beat the butter until creamy.
- Add the cheese, essential oil, salt, pepper, and combine.
- Add the flour and combine again. Add one teaspoon water and a little more as needed and combine until mixed and then roll into a ball and flatten like a disc. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 15-20 minutes.
- Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface and cut circles using a cookie or biscuit cutter. I used a 1.5” cookie cutter.
- Place on parchment paper and refrigerate for another 15 minutes before baking.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes in a 350º oven checking to make sure they are not getting brown.
- Remove and let cool. Serve with a sweet and savory tomato or fig jam.
Sweet & Savory Tomato Spread from Trader joe’s
When I heard that Brooke (Nesting with Grace) was teaming up with Tempaper for a line of wallpaper, I knew I would have to come up with a project so I could use it. I love it at Brooke’s house, obviously, and then she recently helped her friend Laila makeover her pantry using the lemons like in Brooke’s kitchen. It’s amazing how wallpaper can transform a room or even just one accent wall! I have my heart set on using the Rick-Rack Stripe in the Gold Aztec in my office. Brooke says it was inspired by Mudcloth…I can see that now! My office was once Brent’s office and when it became mine…well naturally I had to add my own spin to space and this wallpaper is going to do just that! The mood board below is what I’m going to be working with to complete the space.
Tempaper Removable Wallpaper in Rick Rack Stripe & Ditsy Floral // NSF Stainless Shelves // Santa Barbara Sconces // Tucker Chair // Flush Mount Ceiling Light // Riviera Bins // Wood Crates // Sheepskin // Metal Tray // Ikea desk 1/2/3 // Anchor Hocking Glass Jars
3. Salt Dough Diffuser Ornaments
My friend Karen made these adorable salt dough diffuser ornaments. Follow Karen @seathewellness and look for these photo in her feed for the recipe! You know how much I love any DIY project that starts with a little foraging!
4. Cashmere Joggers from Summersalt
Okay, again, it’s 2020 and that alone has become the reason we all need cashmere sweatpants…or I guess they call them joggers. Madeline came home with a pair and I immediately ordered a pair for Christmas. I hope I can wait that long to open them!
A set of 62 affirmation cards features the original artwork of Casey Wiegand. Hand-lettered quotes to motivate, encourage, and inspire! These are great to tuck into a card or letter, because couldn’t we all use a little encouragement once in a while! Send some and save some for your own inspiration wall.