Ever since we went to Bebee’s in Queens I’ve been wanting to recreate their “rooftop” pizza. Making pizza is not so much a recipe as it is a combination of simple things. For this pizza we looked at the description on the menu and made our usual pizza dough, which is way better than buying it, then topped it with ricotta, mozzarella and arugula. With a drizzle of olive oil and squeeze of lemon, it tastes so fresh and delicious. And other than a little time for the pizza dough to rise, it takes minutes to put together. Perfect for lunch or dinner.
Arugula pizza with ricotta, mozzarella, and fresh lemon
pizza with arugula, ricotta & lemon
A simple pizza with ricotta, mozzarella cheese, arugula and a squeeze of lemon makes a wonderful simple lunch or dinner.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 12-15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings
- One recipe homemade pizza dough (will make two pizzas)
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup fresh ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 2 handfuls fresh baby arugula
- Olive oil
- Fresh lemon
- Parmesan cheese
- Divide the pizza dough into two balls and roll out on a floured surface. Transfer to a pizza peel dusted with a thin layer of cornmeal.
- Drizzle olive oil on the surface all the way to the edges of the dough and spread using a pastry brush
- Spoon the ricotta onto the pizza and spread out to the edges
- Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella to the edges
- Top with fresh arugula and drizzle with olive oil and a squeeze of fresh lemon
- Add some freshly grated parmesan and a little cracked pepper
Keywords: pizza, salad pizza, homemade pizza dough
After dividing the pizza dough into two balls, roll one out on a floured surface and then quickly move to a peel with a thin layer of cornmeal. This helps it slide onto the pizza stone. Drizzle olive oil and spread with a pastry brush. Top with cheeses all the way to the edges.
I haven’t done this in a while, but this pizza is certainly a favorite and I’ve seen so many things that I wanted to share a few.
- Have you heard of the Honey app? You can install it or use the app on mobile and it finds deals for you once you click to promo code at your favorite store.
- These Varsity Letter Bracelets from S.V. Decker are adorable and would make a cute Valentine. I’ve known Stefanie since she was in the second grade and it is a joy to see her thriving as an entrepreneur with an online and brick-and-mortar shop in Milford, CT.
- Have you done the jumpsuit thing yet? I need one of these from Spry Workwear
- I’m loving vintage rug runners in the bathroom and kitchen. Classic Casual Home wrote an excellent post with sources of where to buy.
- Madeline and I used to buy only Lululemon workout clothes…no more now that we’ve discovered Outdoor Voices. They have a shop in SoHo and of course you can buy online. They are so helpful when choosing pieces. They have OV Kits where you get two pieces, a top and bottom for $95.
- I have always loved this salt dish. It would make the perfect hostess gift. As we all clean out and tidy up in January, this would always be a welcome hostess gift. Add some pink salt and both are useful.
Shop the post