Brooke of Nesting with Grace has been talking about making homemade bread on her blog ever since the birth of her little boy, Finn. And he’s going to be three in a few months. For some reason I decided I needed to give it a try. It’s so simple and I love knowing that there are no preservatives or unknown ingredients.
Bread making inspired by Brooke and her mom!
Brooke’s mom found this bread recipe and began making a loaf everyday to give to a friend or neighbor. How wonderful is that? As you may know, we recently moved into a new home and neighborhood. It’s a close knit beach community where people have known one another for years, even generations. Since it’s winter, the community is a bit quiet except for the walkers, dog walkers, and runners. So I thought why not start making connections to my nearby neighbors by introducing myself with a loaf of freshly baked bread in a new pretty kitchen towel and tied up with kitchen twine?
Shop the post
Homemade Bread No Kneading Required
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 12-24 hours
- Total Time: 12-24 hours
- In a large bowl, add 3 cups flour
- In a 2 cup measuring cup, add the salt and yeast and then warm tap water.
- Stir to combine making sure there are no lumps of yeast.
- Pour into the bowl with the flour and stir with a silicone spatula
- Once the flour and water is combined, cover bowl with plastic wrap
- Place in a warm spot and leave for 12-24 hours
- Once the bread has risen, stir it in the bowl to release the air and then cover with a kitchen towel for one hour.
- Grease a loaf pan with a little olive oil covering the bottom and sides.
- Pour the dough into the loaf pan and cover with a towel and let it rise for one hour.
- Remove the towel and cover with foil making sure to tent the foil so that it doesn’t stick
- Bake at 400º for 30 minutes, remove the foil and bake an additional 15 – 30 minuets until it has browned.
- Allow bread to cool on a rack
Keywords: homemade bread, no-knead bread